What do you think of A Space Heater

Think I would pass on the space heater. An air filtration system similar to the winix wifi connected ones wouldnt be bad. A smart plant pot or water kit for indoor plants or something that can open windows, curtains or doors automatically would be cool too. (Which won’t happen but it would be cool)

But would definitely concentrate on fine tuning current products and getting that doorbell camera out first.

2 Likes

Guys I don’t have a lot of problems with existing products other than sense connection issues but that is because I’m in an old house with plaster and a lot of metal ductwork . A smart controlled space heater would be nice here in Cleveland

A Wyze Plug with a cheap space heater can already accomplish everything a “smart” heater could. Someone earlier in this thread discussed using one with IFTTT to maintain temperature in their room. I’m all for pitching ideas but Wyze would really not be wise to invest any sort of resources into this, especially with their other products and the app working the way they do. Again, if this is how reliably my current products work (and I’m clearly not the only one, judging from this forum and the /r/WyzeCam subreddit), then I’d have absolutely 0 confidence in putting this potentially dangerous piece of tech in my house. Of all the other directions Wyze could go, why this one?

2 Likes

I’m a little confused… are we talking about a regular Space Heater that says WYZE on it or a “smart” Space Heater?

For regular space heater I think Wyze should waste their time but if we’re talking a smart heater that I can control form my phone that would be kinda cool.

Living in Florida I would only use it for 2-4 months out of the year but I could see other people in colder states using this a lot.

I would use and smart space heater for a couple reasons:

1. I’m coming home from work late on a cold night and want my living room to be warm. I pull out my phone and turn on the space heater

2. I’m in my bed and don’t feel like getting up to turn it on/off. I pull out my phone to adjust.

Wyze if you make this please make a space heater/cooler. This would be nice because I would definitely use a cooler down here in Florida because sometimes the room is still hot even with the A/C running.

I believe we are talking about this exact object from the same people who make most, if not all, of the other Wyze rebranded products.

2 Likes

No, not interested. Fix the existing product issues first. And then pick anything else.

2 Likes

… unfortunately when your dog jumped off the couch earlier in the day he knocked over a blanket, which ended up only inches from your fancy new smart heater. after about 2 or 3 minutes, the blanket began to smolder, and not long after your furniture is in flames. even in the 10 minutes it takes you to drive home, a product like this could cause a significant amount of damage.

1 Like

You make a good point!

Yeah… most people use Nest/Ecobee/etc and turn their actual furnace on, instead of a fire hazard. Running a space heater unattended is very likely to void insurance…

1 Like

Wyze … come on and get your act together ! Why don’t you listen to the customer base you have now . You asked for our input and we give it to you using the wish list.
With the recent announcement about Free Person Detection going to subscription based I think Wyze has lost their way . They need to focus on their customer base they have now and fill the gaps and fix the current product issue and features
I don’t trust Wyze anymore . I don’t like investing in product from a company that is all over the board . I have canceled my outdoor camera order and will probably not purchase any other Wyze products. Time to move on… Can’t say it has been fun, just very frustrating dealing with all of the issues and trying to understand your direction.

Still waiting on current product features / improvements .

Would rather have a door bell ( Never mind you will charge me for Person detection ) ,
Smart Garage Door Opener, ( Oh wait too late I purchased one and works great) .
Thermostat ( Oh wait too late again - I purchased one and works great ) .

3 Likes

NO THANKS, don’t want a fire hazard that starts automatically.

Yes to environmental sensors and solar for outdoor cam though.

WTF

never knew this.

definitely seals the deal for me, i won’t be buying anymore wyze cameras.

think i’ll switch to Eufy, bit more money, but local storage, face recognition and they work.

1 Like

Not questioning your decision, just mentioning…

Since you joined before Nov 2019 you should have received an email, but you can read it at the top of this very active discussion

1 Like

Take a good long look at this tippy little thing and tell me you’re fine with that turning on unattended from a phone app in your car or from you rolling over in bed, blasting enough heat to melt plastics.

What… a space heater… like some kind of smart space heater… what…seriously…how about a smart wall switch (have hacked a plug to use as a wall switch) to compliment the rest of your other products would not be hard to do. A space heater??? Not interested. Just use a wyze smart plug to control a space heater. No No No…
Just received a defective bridge in a WYZE starter kit… (replacement on the way thank you customer service) Focus on current product improvements and quality control.

1 Like

This is what it would look like?? Nevermind… no Space Heater for me.

1 Like

I use a Wyze Plug to control a small Duraflame space heater in my bedroom. The heater is always in the ON position. The smart plug allows me to turn on my heater a few minutes before I go to bed, and it also allows me to set the timer to turn it off.

My heater does not have a thermostat (it was a gift from someone who never thought to look for that.) The ability to set a timer is essential when it comes to not baking myself.

1 Like

i’L bUy 10 SpAcE hEAtErS iF tHeY cOmE wItH lAnDsCaPe MoDe FoR mY iPaD

Oddly, after completing the survey, I couldn’t submit my answers because “too many people have already responded.” Um, what?

So let me answer here:
What’s missing from my current space heaters is the unreliable “me too” quality that Wyze brings to every product. I’m sure you’ll nail that once again with this new misguided project. Good luck!

Well the important thing is that @Chuan is so actively engaged in the thread he or she started a week ago and after 100 posts and XXX survey responses. Oh, wait. He or she has disappeared.