SmartThings Integration

I voted above but I would also prefer to have a local API for HA support but more importantly independence and security.

Yeah this is just kinda sad. Been waiting for a year and nothing, No real update since april. Guess its time to start looking at other options for sensors/bulbs/cams etc which sucks because I rather liked everything else about wyze. However I refuse to be locked into a vender ecosystem

3 Likes

^^^This. Wyze is dragging their feet. It’s an open platform. This probably comes down to $, licensing, propriety, and the captive audience ecosystem Wyze seems to be cultivating. Crippled 3-PI hurts the customer. I have shifted away from Wyze as first because they’ve not made good on full integration with other platforms. It becomes obvious now that Wyze is starting to huck home security subscription services that they wanted to retain the captive audience ecosystem from early on.

4 Likes

Well, now that they’re product is on hold, they can spend some time looking at this.

Maybe include it as part of the home monitoring subscription.

Said it before, I’ll say it again… No Smartthings=no Wyze. You’re shooting yourself in the foot Wyze…there are 725 posts in this thread… That should be very telling in itself.

2 Likes

I gave up waiting for Wyze to develop an integration with Smartthings and bought a Smartthings camera.

2 Likes

Just bought 2 myself… Brings me to a total of 8

Ditto

While I’m more interested in having my thermostats connect to ST, I’d also like the cameras to, if nothing else for motion triggers.
What ST cameras did you buy?

2 Likes

Only one model of ST cam. Samsung.com had them for $19.99 but sold out. I think Lowes.com currently has them in stock for same price

1 Like

interesting

Hello @UserCustomerGwen ,

Any updates on this front? Now that I have several Wyze device types around my house, I would like to setup automations between multiple brands. My preference is to avoid paying a fee to IFTTT when I have SmartThings for free with the rest of my Samsung devices.

Thanks!
Brad

5 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen interested too. Any news on ST integration?

1 Like

Wyze staff just gave an update last month:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Perhaps it would be good to pin this to the top of the thread.

3 Likes

I’d love to see “Home Remote” integration with Wyze products too.

I will definitely come back to the Wyze ecosystem if this is eventually launched.

2 Likes

Well, I just voted with my wallet… Bought 8 Arlo Pros to replace my original Arlos. This money would have gone to Wyze had they listened to their potential customer base…alas, they did not and will not. Goodbye

4 Likes

Don’t forget to vote on it at the top of this thread!

Does not the Arlo range works with ST?