[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

I really want to try out the new V2 sensor solution, but I have reservations.

I used to love my setup I had on my mailbox where when the Postal Carrier opened my box, I would get a notification, and a video clip. I used to have problems with kids opening my mailbox, so this was a good way to catch them if it ever happened again. It worked flawlessly for MONTHS, until the battery failed on the contact sensor. I fought it for a day, then ordered a new kit, one contact sensor came in dead, the other with a low battery. I never could get it to work in the mailbox again. I tried the motion sensor but for some reason the Motion sensor does not work inside a mailbox, only a contact sensor. I understand this is not an approved use of the sensor, so I never complained about it, and gave up.
Now I only use the contact sensors for my entry doors, and two motion sensors to turn on/off Wyze Bulbs.

Last night yes ā€¦this morning not so much. All sensors are dead as door nailsā€¦

I guess I spoke too soonā€¦

2 Likes

I would disagree with that - short of a hardware failure things donā€™t ā€˜just happenā€™. 30+ years in IT (mostly S/W and F/W development) and Iā€™ve never seen anything ā€˜just happenā€™ - the root cause is invariably human error rooted in inadequate testing and verification.

Iā€™ll withhold any expressions of gratitude until such time as Wyze is able to go an extended, or even moderate, period of time without breaking existing working systems - and that hasnā€™t happened in the nearly 3 years Iā€™ve been a customer.

That they claim to have corrected the current fiasco (Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s true because Iā€™ve still not received a single notification from the backlog thatā€™s supposedly cleared) is not reason to say ā€˜Thanksā€™ but rather ā€˜Why did you have yet another failure?ā€™

3 Likes

All mine are are off line also. Not a happy family :confused:

1 Like

If WYZE was a publicly traded company itā€™s stock would be crashing right nowā€¦

2 Likes

Just like their systemsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Woke up to the same thing. Cams not working for a almost 24 hrs now.

Great job Wyze :+1::+1::+1:

Edit:. Restarted the base and it SEEMS fine now.

Not sure why but the third time I power cycled the cameras that have bridges in them the sensors came back online as of now I think everythingā€™s working

but I feel like Iā€™m walking around on eggshells wondering whether itā€™s going to work or notā€¦

Thats how it went for me, now all works except the rules donā€™t seem to be working

My closet sensor is working again. Unlike many posts I have read on here, Iā€™m not upset, not unsatisfied, not butthurt about a less-than-half-day outage. Stuff happens. My setup is still cheaper than anything else I couldā€™ve bought and it works fine for my needs. I donā€™t use it as a ā€œsecurityā€ system because someone is always home (I have firearms for that). This did happen once before (to me) and it got fixed then too. As with last time, I will be happy to entertain offers to sell me your used Wyze items at a discount, should you be thinking of discarding them, selling them, etc. in order to migrate to a different platform. Feel free to PM me with your list of items & asking prices.

2 Likes

it was much more than a ā€œhalf day outageā€ it was out for almost a day and a halfā€¦

But way to be condescending and completely dismissive, of people who feel a little differently from youā€¦ nicely done. Classy. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I found the routines to be delayed a little bit too, (havenā€™t tested them all yet), The one that turns on the lights in my basement takes about four or five seconds now
ā€¦probably the system has to clear itself outā€¦ I just hope it stays up this timeā€¦

Asking google to do anything with a Wyze product gets me the response ā€œSorry I could not reach Wyze homeā€

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Most of my rules are NOT working today. My lights turn ON when I open doors, but they donā€™t turn off (10 minute ON rule). Motion Detection rules not turning lights on either!

4 Likes

Not working again when motion has cleared

1 Like

I have one rule that stopped working yesterday, which I presume was because of this outage. It is still not working today. I recreated the rule twice, including this morning (12/20), but it still does not work. Another rule did work as expected. Is there more information on what was going on and why some rules are still not working?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Lights go on, but the rules to turn them off do not work. Any updates about why? Or what to do to fix this?

Me too. Numerous rules still not working. Getting annoyed

1 Like

Resolved? My device trigger rule, to turn on a lamp when the front door opens, works fine. Now, it does not turn off after the door has been closed for 10 minutes. I have deleted/reinstalled the sensor, rebooted the associated camera, and deleted/recreated the rules. I also put in a new battery. It still fails to turn off the lamp.

1 Like