[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

Mine are still not reflecting correct status. I’m looking at a camera feed with lights on that show as no lights on in the application. Also had a difficult time just launching the app. Froze on Wyze logo screen at startup. Had to force quit a few times before I could get in.

Something here

Thanks to the Wyze team in working through the issues. We all hate when our devices are not working properly but I know sometimes things happen in our IoT world that are difficult to troubleshoot. As others have mentioned it would be great if a notification could be sent to all users via the app when there is a known issue and regular updates provided until the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

Correct. They no longer have an edge. So I stopped recommending to family and friends. I used to buy them for friends and family. Sometimes for friends of friends.
After they questioned me about those monthly fees, I let them decide. They never came back to me.

12/19/20 7:49 PM PT - Our metrics and community reports tell us that this outage has now been resolved. Thanks for your patience during this time and sorry for the trouble. If you still have difficulty with your Wyze devices, please contact our Wyze Customer Support.

4 Likes

Everything back up and running fine here in Virginia. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m still getting this on my end for some events…

1 Like

I’m getting a similar message with my three clips that are over 3 minutes in length.

“Error (code 06): Failed to fetch the video from cloud. Please try again later. If the problem continues please send in an error log through Help & Feedback”.

I’ve bounced my phone and have tried again about once per hour for 4 hours. I’m now sending in the error log as requested.

Ticket ID: 80100

I didn’t know about it until i went to /r/wyze on reddit.

I can confirm my sensors are again working and triggering routines and automations…

hallelujah :smiling_face_with_tear:

That was a painful 24 hours…

1 Like

mostly back.

things still failing -

triggers that are for sensor being clear for N minutes: none of these triggers are firing, they don’t show up in history at all.

uploading short video events on triggers: 100% failure across the board all cams all triggers.

1 Like

That’s my last remaining issue. If I set kitchen lights to turn off after no motion detected, it works fine. But setting them to turn off after 3 minutes of no motion detected just causes them to stay on until I manually turn them off.

1 Like

Mine is also doing the same thing.

Motion sensors detect motion and turn on specified devices, but does NOT turn OFF after timed shut-off. (About 2mins after clear)

Walked my dog and lights turn on because motion sensor detected me. On my way back after 20mins, they’re still on. [01:40am CST 12/20]

Mine seem to be back on for the most part. Wyze needs to understand that this is not acceptable. I am getting ready to install both of my thermostats against my wife’s wishes and I hope we will have heat and not die due to wyze server issues …

3 Likes

Everything working here again. I know outages are tough as I work for a SAAS company. I think people got a bit unreasonable with their responses. These things don’t happen on purpose. The engineers don’t sit there and think up ways of breaking things. Sometimes it just happens. I had to flip a few light switches today. The world didn’t end.

1 Like

Not working here yet, half the app the status is wrong or doesn’t work. My bridge won’t come back online and all the sensors are offline because of it!

1 Like

Still not working…metrics aren’t completely accurate, Anything we can or should do on our end?

EDIT: cycling the power is bringing my devices online, not sure if this will help anyone but seems to be working for me. Bridge and sensors came back and seem to be working right.

Update: everything is functional EXEPT none of the rules seem to be working. Sensors and devices all back on line, sensors seem to be functioning on/off and open/close.

1 Like

WyzeGwendolyn,
We appreciate all you do during these frustrating times!
Light bulbs not turning on when I walk into a room is not that big of a deal, but I realize people that have more complex rules in place get VERY frustrated. The last big system-wide fiasco where some people had trouble getting into their homes via the Wyze Lock was concerning though.

We are looking forward to the “long-term” fix with great anticipation!
Thanks very much for all you do!

Apparently I spoke too soon nothing’s working this morning…

Well, when I went to bed they were working…
but when I woke up this morning nothing’s working again

All my sensors are offline again. I’m so frustrated I’m ripping everything out all 20 sensors are going in the trash today I give up You win, I accept defeat.

damn it what a huge waste of time money and effort… But I just can’t live like this anymore. The wife says she’s had enough of this [Mod Edit] I don’t blame her.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

I woke up to the same problem this morning …I’ve tried power cycling the camera twice, but the sensors still won’t come back online

pretty sure I’m about to get divorced…

Happy Sunday morning… so much for an enjoyable weekend…

2 Likes