[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

Same here. Wyze plug automation failing to turn on/off according to rules that have worked many times before

Same here. Frustrating.

For those of you that have the alexa app you can set up the same routine in alexa and it will work

That’s a great idea. I might try that. Plus maybe there wouldn’t be as many issues like this. Thanks!

• Andy

Are all of the same options available with Alexa? When motion clears after x minutes? During specified hours? Thanks.

• Andy

i’m only seeing the option to set up the Wyze plug as the trigger for an action in Alexa. am i missing it?

Yes alexa is very reliable

Let me check but I believe so

Just did a quick check of the option available and motion and clear are available and a timer

Hence the name…

1 Like

unfortunately i dont think you can set it to turn off Wyze plug after X mins

Check to make sure your sensors are available in the all device list. If they are not you probably will have to disable the wyze skill and re enable it in the alexa skills then possibly do a device discovery with alexa

In my device list it shows motion garage. That’s my garage motion sensor. Yours will be what ever you named yours

You have to use the wait timer, looks like this

Amazing that people are having to resort to Alexa to perform a simple automated function and no word from Wyze regarding this existing issue.

Thanks!

• Andy

So it doesn’t actually work with motion has been clear, right?

• Andy

What you probably want to do is make 2 routines the first one will just turn on the light with motion the second routine would turn it off after the sensor is clear for a set amount of time

Your nit alone, mine are acting the same way.

@chaybee1 Suggests they either don’t know what’s wrong / how to fix it or they don’t want people to know what’s wrong because the truth would be negatively impactful for wyze.

1 Like