Error code 06 when attempting to view event videos

I have error code 6 on 3 of my 6 cameras.
I pay for cam plus but it never saves a video any longer than 8 seconds.
I installed sd cards but now realize that outdoor cams can’t record on events?
Audio works but 2 way communication (speaking into the phone) results in unintelligible garbled.
These cameras don’t work.
Are they replacing these cameras and refunding subscriptions?

2 Likes

nothing but error code 6

Include me as someone who was not seeing error code 06 before getting the Cam Plus. I only have Cam Plus because it was automatically subscribed for trial when I had to re-add cameras due to wifi name change.

1 Like

I just cancelled my subscription as there’s no sense paying for something that doesn’t work. (Error Code 6 on all 3 outdoor camera’s) Very disappointing…Looks like this problem has been going on for a month? I guess system is only good for real time viewing.

5 Likes

The error has been going on for far longer than a month, unfortunately.

Wyze will just blame the user’s WiFi wireless signal or internet connection. The funny part is that I have a “backup” wireless IP camera set up to record to the cloud (via Ivideon - another cloud service similar to Wyze) and have no video issues.

3 Likes

I just sent in a log, I installed Cam Plus thee days ago, so far for the same amount of days I can not retrieve any video’s, keep getting code 06. I have 19 cameras for two houses, I am trying in out on one of the camera, not getting off on the right start ! ( been with Wyze from the start.)

I had this same error pop up in the past few days, but only on the one camera I have Cam Plus active on (using a code for 3 free months). The only quick solution mentioned thus far appears to removing and re-adding the camera, I’m curious if anyone knows if simply discontinuing Cam Plus would also work.

Lonnie M - yes canceling Cam Plus will get rid of the error.

I have had this happen a few times so thought I would check out this thread. It is crazy to read how it starts happening once you add a cam plus subscription to an existing cam! I would think WYZE would be all over fixing this issue since cam plus is an easy way to generate reoccurring revenue. If word gets out that the subscription service causes issues for many, they can kiss that revenue stream good bye.

With that said, things have been solid for several weeks for me and hope that they stay that way! I have a cam plus subscription tied to a v3 and another subscription tied to a WCO. As of this posting, I currently only have one WYZE related issue and its with a v3. I have high hopes that issue will be resolved by the replacement cam that is on the way. With any luck, it will arrive today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks.

While I’ll have to forgo the remainder of Cam Plus, it certainly will be easier than setting up the camera again, as it is a bit difficult to access.

As Known1 mentioned, the experience certainly doesn’t encourage me to resubscribe to Cam Plus in the near future.

1 Like

Same issue with error code 6. Can anyone from Wyze respond and fix this issue?

Same Error Code 06 related to CamPlus here too. I’ve spent time chatting with, explaining, sending screen shots and log files to agents on two different occasions. It’s been over a month now. It all started when the free trial of CamPlus ended, prior to that my event recordings worked perfectly. To be clear this is happening with only my 4th and newest addition of a V2 camera in early January, my other three V2 cams never had this issue. After the CamPlus trial ended it seems it simply kept on recording as an extended CamPlus event, however, without a CamPlus licence on my iPhone 12 WYZE app every event recording cannot be played back resulting in Error Code 06. I presume because there is no CamPlus licence installed in the app trying to play back a CamPlus recording ? Maybe WYZE can find a way to turn off CamPlus recordings ? Ahh… I see where the real problem may lay :slight_smile:

Please get on top of this. This makes your cams NON-FUNCTIONAL for many, if not most, users for their intended “as-purchased” requirements of a legitimate security cam.

3 Likes

New cam pan user here, 4 days now along with the cam plus trial version. I am having the same 06 error message , unable to view the clip. I have phucked with this thing six ways to Sunday to no avail. Bummer is I have 2 more pan cams coming.
Wyze not coming out and at least acknowledging this could be their demise. Is there anything more frustrating than seeing a video clip you can’t play. I will likely just return the 2 coming and take this one up the a$$. Lesson learned.

1 Like

I invested in 6 of these cameras. They clearly don’t work and they aren’t telling us. Are they going to address the problem? It looks like a lot of the reviews on Amazon are totally faked.

1 Like

Yes, the Amazon reviews are clearly suspect with this many users having the same problem. The idea that Wyze would continue to push their cam+ subscription without even a hint of acknowledgment of a KNOWN problem is disturbing and should be a warning to all. Anyone here using other similar products that ACTUALLY work?

WYZE are you reading any of this???

My chat session with Wyze. Them seem to not care that there cam+ doesn’t work and are not in any way willing to extend or forgo the 14 day trial period until this issue gets fixed.

Chat started: 2021-02-17 03:04 PM UTC

(03:04:40 PM) Visitor 68734760 is now known as Robert.
(03:04:41 PM) Robert: unable to view recordings on cam+ , getting error 06
(03:04:47 PM) Wyze Wizards: We’re experiencing high support volumes, and our responses may be delayed. Hang tight, an agent will be with you as soon as possible.
(03:05:24 PM) *** Peter joined the chat ***
(03:05:30 PM) Peter: Hi Robert!
(03:05:34 PM) Robert: cannot view video, error 06, this is using the trial version of cam+ which expires in 10 days.
(03:05:36 PM) Robert: Hi
(03:05:37 PM) Peter: Thank you for contacting the Wyze wizards team. My name is Peter.
(03:06:01 PM) Peter: I understand that your having issues viewing your events.
(03:06:09 PM) Robert: yes
(03:06:47 PM) Peter: Error 06 is a known issue that our engineering team is working on it and to see a fix on the next update.
(03:08:58 PM) Robert: I have 2 more cam pans on the way, I was going to sign up for the cam+ but until this issue is resolved I would like an extended trial period. Once it is fixed I have no problem paying up. Can this be arranged? I have 10 days remaining on my current cam, the other 2 are arriving in a day or 2.
(03:10:00 PM) Peter: Each camera has its own Trial period.
(03:10:52 PM) Peter: I do apologize but we can’t extend the trial version.
(03:14:02 PM) Peter: Are you still with me in this chat?
(03:14:40 PM) Robert: Well, that creates a problem, having the cameras without a functioning cam+ subscription is not something I want to deal with. I do not want to unbox and setup 2 more cams if the cam+ function is not working, and that could take some time I imagine as many people are reporting the same concern. So I have 2 options, return the 2 cams on the way and take my chances with the existing one or have some sort of extension period beyond the 14 days so I don’t get screwed subscribing to a defective plan
(03:15:51 PM) Peter: As of the moment, there is no timeframe. Rest assured we are actively working on it.
(03:17:01 PM) Robert: Thanks, will return the cameras, without a working cam+ subscription they are of no use to me
(03:17:37 PM) Peter: I understand. please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with?

I just had the dreaded code 06 error happen again to one of my video clips last night. Thankfully I can go hundreds of events / clips prior to having one give me the error code.

NO it’s not my darn WiFi or Internet connection causing the issue. I have excellent WAN bandwidth with very low latency and a rock solid home network which consists of 4 separate vLANs to segregate traffic. There are only 4 cams on the vLAN that gets this error and of course the cam in question has a cam plus subscription tied to it.

1 Like

Hmm, I do not get that impression from the chat you shared.

That’s about as professional and forthcoming as it gets. You may not like the answers, but they clearly know about the problem and are working to address it. It’s not uncommon for a support team to NOT share dates. About the time they share a date for a fix someone is posting a chat log and setting expectations for the entire world. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He admits this is a known issue with no time frame to fix yet they have no problem in continuing to pedal the cam+ subscription that clearly has issues. How about you don’t charge for a product that doesn’t work. Fix it first!
Of course you don’t this out until after your purchase and install of their product. I have no problem supporting a company if they in turn support their customer.

2 Likes

I too have been having this issue for about a month. If I restart my cams it goes away for maybe a day. I submitted two log files and nothing. Yesterday there was a firmware update and was hoping for a fix. Nope! Even though I prepaid for a year Cam Plus subscription, I won’t be using it. I already have SD cards in my four cameras, It is too difficult to take down some of my cameras to reinstall for the workaround others have tried. It is irritating that after at least two months Wyze has not fixed this issue. I just signed up for the subscription so the cool down period would be shorter since I live in a high traffic/people area. I love the cams, hate the service!