Error code 06 when attempting to view event videos

J’ai utilisé Google Translate pour cela, veuillez donc excuser toute mauvaise grammaire. Je suis allé à l’écran d’accueil et j’ai ajouté à nouveau la caméra et cela a résolu le problème. J’espère que ça aide!

1 Like

I went to the home screen on the app and added the camera again and it fixed the issue. I hope this helps!

Deleted and reinstalled and now get 07 error

Lol. What is the 07 error?

That would be error (code 07) … came up with that one when trying to view a video. Starting to think these Wyze cameras are about useless.

5 Likes

In a little more detail, what I did to resolve the 05 and 06 errors was this: Open Wyze App with camera in hand near the base station > (iOS Version) Tap the + on the top left of the screen > Press Sync on the bottom of camera > Tap Add Device on App > Select Camera > Follow Instructions > Complete Setup.

This resolved my problems and have been working ever since.

Equipment: Wyze Cam v3 Starter Kit

If this doesn’t work, I have no idea how to resolve the issue lol. Best of luck!

2 Likes

I have submitted log files several times but have never heard back. I tried to communicate with them in “chat” but the space to write to them disappears. I deleted and reinstalled the camera and lost my free trial and could not reactivate it. The problem of code 06 is however disappeared (in connection with the free trial?). No luck for me! lol

I submitted log 87086 this morning.

1 Like

After a week or so of email support, finally got my outdoor cam/base working as it should. I done the following. I removed the wyze plus license from my cam. Uninstalled the camera, then unplugged my base for a couple minutes, then plugged it back up and went through the install process again. Started recording the 12 second clips with motion activation for a day to make sure there were no issues with the cam. Then I activated the wyze plus again. Been working as it should for the last couple days. Hope this helps anyone else going through the same thing.

2 Likes

I had a package stolen from my porch Monday December 21st at 2:52 am. I know this because I can see the preview of the event where someone is stooping to pick up the package but it is a 0 second event with Error Code 06. Submitted a support log with the complaint. Radio silence. The video will go out of retention soon so I wont have any evidence of the thievery.

I have about 8 wyze cams in various locations at 2 different locations. I will never again buy a Wyze Outdoor cam. They are absolute trash. This is the second time it hasn’t picked up or failed to record an important event. At this point it’s going in the trash.

4 Likes

I have a similar but less serious story. UPS guy intentionally ran over my lawn bags back in October. Like you, I had the preview thumbnail but had error message when trying to view the actual clip.

Do you have an SD card in your Wyze Outdoor Cam? If so, you can do the “View Playback” feature and manually find/save the clip.

1 Like

I do have a memory card in it. That’s the problem with the WCO. It doesn’t record events onto the memorycard. It only allows you to schedule events to be recorded on it. I guess I needed to have known that someone was going to steal a package in front of my house at 3am and remembered to go ahead and schedule a recording. :thinking:

I have had great luck with the other 6 cams, 4 outlets and digital scale I have from them. The WCO is just utter garbage and I highly recommend people look elsewhere as it is not a good product.

1 Like

That sucks. I don’t have the Outdoor one. The Indoor ones (as you probably know) allow for Continuous Recording as an app menu option. I always thought that was a universal feature across all Wyze cams. Jeez…

I was having the same Error code 06 after starting my Cam Plus subscription that everyone else is having. I submitted logs and tried to contact tech support, no luck. I then followed exactly the procedure that chrisragsdale62 outlined and this also fixed my problem…thanks chrisragsdale62!!

I learned a lot about it as I tried to solve the issues I had. It worked recording the 12 second clips until I added the wyze plus, that’s where my issues started. I can’t take the credit as I had been communicating with Patrick of Wyze support who helped me over the course of a couple weeks to help me resolve my issues with the base/outdoor cam/wyze plus software. I figured if I was having issues right off the bat with the new cam, then others may also. It has been working perfectly ever since. Will purchase a few more over time to set up around my home/yard where running wire isn’t so easy. I also like the idea of being able to take it and use it remotely with the microsd card installed. Will update if any issues come up.

@chrisragsdale62 Chris, we’re your videos los when you uninstalled it?

Same here getting 06 code

1 Like

I only had the cam up a couple hours, notifications working also with the 12 second clips, when my son who has a couple of the wyze cams, not outdoor but setup outdoors, suggested that I add the wyze plus for longer event recording which I did. Noticed the next day that I never received any notifications, when I checked, each event was 0 seconds. So I really never had any events logged when I activated the wyze plus maybe a hour after I put it up. I’m now about 2 weeks into it working as it should and all events are there in the cloud. Going to add a microsd card to the base soon. Going to add a couple more outdoor cams now that the wyze plus is working as it should. Still not clear why adding the wyze plus made the cam not capture the events to the cloud, but starting over by removing the wyze plus license, deleting the cam, removing power from base and turning off cam, and essentially starting over fixed the problem :thinking:. But hey, electronics…go figure.

i just got my new outdoor cam and same problem after purchasing CamPlus . it is really annoying.

I was experiencing the exact same issue as most have described. I was able to resolve this by; unlinking the Cam Plus subscription. Deleting the camera, powering it and the base station down, powering them back up and then setting up the camera as a new one in the app. After I did that, I tested the 12 second recording a couple times and then applied the cam plus subscription and it all started working for me.