Apple HomeKit Integration

I bought 4 Eufy 2k’s for $35/ea. Picture and feature differences are insane. I love my Wyze stuff but they’ve all but lost my supporting their cameras by not giving us HomeKit. I care more about security than anything else when it comes to cameras and my Eufy’s have it (or will starting with July patch) and Wyze don’t. It’s just that simple.
I’d pay twice what I pay for a PanCam for a special homekit model. But they don’t do it.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending. Per the Community Guidelines , please don’t sign your posts.

7 Likes

My understanding is that the current V2 (V1) and Pan cameras will not support HomeKit due to an issue with the 2nd stream resolution. Not sure if the new outdoor cam suffers from the same issue.

But with no new camera hardware on the near term horizon I have been actively searching for a replacement. Eufy is the top contender at the moment but I won’t order any more until HomeKit becomes a shipped reality not a promised one.

1 Like

I’m not heavily invested in wyze, I bought one v2 cam and a set of plugs but only using one, so I can easily switch when we find we need more security monitoring than at present. But I did setup an old netbook to run hoobs and do like having plug access via Siri and HomeKit, so it looks like future consideration will skew away from wyze. I haven’t read too much about the eufy devices but I seem to recall they do not rely on a cloud service? Add HomeKit, high res, reliability and they seem like the better option going forward, at least for iOS users.

1 Like

thanks for the link, I had not considered Eufy’s line up of cameras, PLUS door bell alternative to Ring. Since I am using Wyze for motion sensors and window/door sensors and I also use homebridge, I may continue to buy these homebridge compatible devices, but I won’t continue to invest in cameras. EUFY is going to get all my Camera HomeKit $$ Are you listening WYZE?

2 Likes

I know little about either the Arlo or Eufy, but I don’t think Eufy has IFTTT support. For me that would be a concern. However, the fact that Eufy may soon support HomeKit is a step in the right direction, one I hope Wyze will follow.

1 Like

If Eufy supports HomeKit that would remove any need I would have of IFTTT. Of course you may still have a need. To be honest I have no real need of IFTTT now. It was never what I would consider a viable platform. Too prone to delays, limits and reauthorizations. But the price was right! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just received my Wyze Plugs and am disappointed at the lack of HomeKit integration. I was under the impression these would just work.

Glad to hear that it’s under consideration. I feel it’s a huge missing piece of the home integration puzzle, since all of my other devices are supporting HomeKit, and I don’t want to fragment my device support and want to be able to automate all devices using a single app.

1 Like

the ONLY reason I use IFTTT is because those devices do not support HomeKit, Generally my IFTTT setup is tiny, i only have a few services ever hooked up at a time and once Homekit integration is added I kill IFTTT support. I don’t find it useful except for the lazy api’s that haven’t been fleshed out. Wyze is my only iFTTT setup, and homebridge.io helped remove all the other devices minus the cameras.

4 Likes

Add me to the list of those that want HomeKit integration.

1 Like

@MaggieM if you do ever add HomeKit, ping me I will more than gladly come back to test, otherwise new cameras from Eufy (door bell, battery cameras, and wired cameras!) and in 2K resolution!

1 Like

The indoor 2K public beta starts now. Just got my invitation!

2K is just barely higher than HD btw.

Yep, that’s very true. But it’s a particularly noticeable difference at least in my case. Had the Eufy right next to the Wyze for a couple of days. The Eufy was much clearer to my eyes in all lighting conditions.

And the person and animal (pet) detection was spot on. 16 events on one day on the Eufy, the Wyze saw 1 event. And it was shadows moving.

Once cameras move from H.264 to H.265 we will see an improvement as well. Hopefully UHD H.265 cameras are on the horizon.

1 Like

Yes and that also brings with it (usually) 30 FPS video recording as well. It will be a definite improvement.

HomeKit Secure Video:

2 Likes

They will not be able to put HomeKit on the outdoor cam because they’re using the same hardware inside of it it just has two batteries and a bigger case it’s the exact same camera as their V2

Add me to the HomeKit want list. With new features announced in iOS 14 this is really a must have

3 Likes

I would like to add my name to this list of wanting to see HomeKit integration. Apple open sourced HomeKit, making it available to more of the industry, starting with iOS 14 (according to the senior engineer, Yah, during the 2020 WDC event)

3 Likes

The homekit is the biggest thing holding me back from bulbs and plugs!! the wife is to use to using the quick homekit controls for lights with Hue

4 Likes