Apple HomeKit Integration

Well if all you care about is home care for the bulbs in the plugs then you should download the home bridge and install that on your windows computer or your Mac OS computer and it will use that as a hub for everything you scan the HomeKit symbol and it will set up a home kit up for you do you search for wise within the accessories and install it and you’ll have control over all your wise products besides the cameras with the HomeKit up I will try to post a video on how to do it

1 Like

I too use Homebridge to bring Wyze plugs and bulbs into HomeKit. It seems to work very well for me. Highly recommended.

I will how to look into the home bridge. Do you know if it works with the wyze lock?

The wyze excuse for no homekit compatibility was due to not meeting the hardware requirements for the cams. Still not sure why all the other stuff isn’t being perused by wyze for Apple homekit. No reason other than fees maybe, at least to the casual observer.

However, as others have recommended here, homebridge is an option, I went with hoobs just for the ease of the setup. I had an old netbook laying around doing nothing, so got rid of win7, loaded lubuntu, then added hoobs as a quick and easy way to get homebridge running, added the wyze plugin and bingo, got my plug and bulb in home app with Siri control plus I set my iPad as a hub so have access from outside my WiFi network.

1 Like

Hoobs and Homebridge are good options but nothing beats native HomeKit integration. I run hoobs and I automate a lot of my sensor actions with Wyze Sense but the the delay between the sensor, hoobs and HomeKit makes automations very slow. I wish Wyze would step up to the plate and make this a reality.

3 Likes

The Wyze Connected Home plugin does not currently support the lock. But the plugin is actively being developed and supported so it is entirely possible they will support it at some point.

1 Like

I would tend to agree. For critical automations I avoid Homebridge and HOOBs and stick with native HomeKit accessories.

I am probably going to do the same. Aqara has a great lineup so I will probably switch over to them for contact and motion sensors until Wyze can get it together. I wish their pricing was a bit more like Wyze but at least it will work with HomeKit and all of the automation’s I have quickly.

2 Likes

The pricing of the Wyze Sense devices is so far impossible to beat. So much so that I was willing to put up with some less than perfect performance. But after awhile you realize reliability is worth the price difference. At least in most use cases.

Hopefully they will get it fixed at some point. They really are neat little devices that when they work are great!

Preach!

So I like the sense motion and sense window sensors but it sucks that they sometimes stop being seen by the bridge for no reason. It is frustrating! And at that point I gotta ask what’s the point of spending a few bucks on junk that you can’t depend on.

1 Like

Yup, I bought 2 Eufy’s, one with pan and tilt because the Wyze doesn’t have HomeKit.

2 Likes

Same, although Eufy has some work to do to get their HomeKit implementation up to snuff. But at least they actually HAVE HomeKit up and running. I am now up to 5 Eufy cameras and considering their doorbell camera if HomeKit actually materializes on it.

3 Likes

Same!!

2 Likes

Hi, For those who have Hoobs or Starling or Homebridge (Pi) when used with a WyzeCam v2 does it behavior natively ie has push notification and video playback? Say I am at work does it get push notification that a Person came by? What is it short of? And Yes, Please add me to the WyzeCam Homekit wishlist

1 Like

It depends on which plugin you use. I used the ffmpeg plugin to get Wyze cams running the RTSP firmware into HomeKit. That plugin does support basic push notifications.

Once Eufy releases the HomeKit officially out of beta and people get a few weeks I’m almost 100% I’ll be replacing my 12 Wyze cameras, contact sensors, motion sensors, etc.

Eury
HomeKit
Web Interface
AI Person & Pet detection built into camera (not web) and no monthly fee.
Higher resolution
One app to rule them all.

Finally I can do everything in one app. Without hacks, patches, extra boxes, programming degree.

4 Likes

Note that if you use Homekit, only the motion trigger is sent by the Eufy camera to Homekit, the Person, Vehicle, Animal Detection and. Recording (PAV) is done by Homekit hub and NOT on camera. It works quite well on iOS 13.6 and iOS 14 will also bring facial recognition. So the on-camera person & animal detection is used only if the cameras are not in Homekit and that also works quite well. This is all for the Eufy Indoor Cam 2K.

HomeKit still needs subscription and is limited to 5 cameras on one 2TB iCloud account subscription.

Wyze still has some useful features like Timelapse and the ability to have more than 5 cameras on a single system but overall without HomeKit, it’s hard to justify integrating Wyze cameras in an Apple ecosystem. Amazon and Google/Android users may still prefer Wyze.

Once Eufy releases the HomeKit officially out of beta

It became official a few weeks ago. I bought mine after that and have been using it.

Be aware, the Eufy Indoor cam does support 2k resolution. But… when you add the Eufy cam to HKSV, it lowers the resolution to 1080 as this is the highest resolution supported by HKSV. I was a little disappointed in this when I added my indoor cams to HKSV.

It’s essentially in public beta. They have released 3 firmware revs to us as beta testers. Don’t know what version you are running. But according to their staff it’s a ways to go before they consider it “done”.