App Dark Theme/Mode

For the love of God please fast track dark theme in the wyze app. I’m writing this as I’m in bed because I now have to get up after checking my camera and will be completely blind. Please please please add this soon. It’s practically flashlight brought and I have my brightness turned all the way down. I know it’s researching but any timeline on this?

5 Likes

It can’t come fast enough.
I hope they don’t leave it to an OS dark mode, most Androids and iOs dont offer it.

Right now, this topic is tagged “researching”, which means Wyze is looking at the possibility. If it gets moved to #roadmap, and gets the tag, “in-development”, then it will be closer to being possibly implemented. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that’s nice but not satisfying. Text coding and background coding is SIMPLE and BASIC. someone chose this scheme and can change it without a long and windy process.

1 Like

Having worked in software development for over twenty years, I can say that adding something to the code isn’t just about how simple it would be. It is how it fits into priority for the developer. I am sure this is a low priority for Wyze even though it is a high priority for many of us.

Personally, I want a dark mode so I can easily read all areas of the app without having to reach for glasses. The default color scheme makes the app very difficult to use at any time of the day. If it weren’t for the price point of the cameras, I would have moved on to another manufacturer based on the app’s color scheme alone.

4 Likes

Imagine how long Wyze thought about the GUI for the initial release and still put out an app that is nearly impossible to read for anyone over 40. :slightly_smiling_face:
How long will it take to do it right?
There are 394 votes for Dark mode. I doubt there are any people that would vote to keep Dim mode.
It not just color. The fonts are inconsistant throughout the app, tiny and tinier.

5 Likes

Well it should be a priority - think of how many suffer without using this forum to try and initiate IMPROVEMENT in usability. I cam to Wyze thinking it would be an upgrade over my old Logitech system, the only true upgrade has been the hardware. INTERFACE USABILITY should be a PRIORITY.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you. However, I am not a project manager with Wyze and have no control over how they assign priority. However, in most instances of App Development, things like User Interface, Accessibility, and Usability never receive the priority they deserve.

4 Likes

My eyes would deeply appreciate a dark mode option. It seems that out of all the apps I use on my phone, its the only one that doesn’t have the option. To be honest I’m surprised this isn’t already an added feature.

4 Likes

It would be great to have a dark mode so checking the (very bright) app at night in bed, or at a restaurant or theatre would be a better experience.

3 Likes

Here is some food for thought.

If we were to have a web portal to view our cameras on, we could write extensions to change the background and fonts to whatever we want.

2 Likes

Dark_Mode

3 Likes

It is mind boggling.

Seems like a basic
Coding process

1 Like

Looks like another case of white atomic screen brightness explosion. :rofl:

3 Likes

Truth.

2 Likes

Ok all you in dire need of DARK MODE - I sent the following email to support as a reply to a polite request to have them intervene. Please adapt your own version and do the same!

Matthew (at customer service) thank for the feedback, but I have posted this request at the wishlist - We have a HUGE long running request for what should be a simple interface programming mod. You should do a search…

I used to code, it’s really not too much work to call a background color and a change in font color.

But so far, nothing, that’s why I’m reaching out to you on behalf of MANY frustrated Wyze fans. I just convinced my neighbor to dump his Logitechs after showing him my cameras, (I have 7 so far, 3 more in planning).

He hesitated when he saw my white background with pale teal text.

This interface is HORRIBLE at night when checking an alert while being awakened from sleep.

Please intervene, WE IN THE FORUM BEG OF YOU.

Thank you,

Doug

7 Likes

For those of us with various kinds of color vision deficits, this is very important! My eyes are overly sensitive to bright light, and the low contrast between the white text and the light background makes it virtually impossible for me to read the menus.

4 Likes

I would like to have the background of the present app be placed in a dark mode so that it would be a lot easier to see.

1 Like

I have moved your topic to this #wishlist thread. You can VOTE for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:
Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

Hello, would it be possible to have a night time setting for the app? When I get motion notifications in the middle of the night, it hurts my eyes to open the app, because of the white background. Also, when I am looking at the cameras on my phone, through “landscape” mode, (phone sideways) can we switch cameras by swiping, instead of having to go back to the main menu? Thanks!

2 Likes