App Dark Theme/Mode

We need a Dark Mode, the white background kills my eyes when waking up to view an alert.

ALSO how about DARKER TEXT in you basic scheme. It has too low contrast when the brightness is lowered to compensate for the lack of Dark Mode, at least this is the case on Samsung screens. Thank you.

3 Likes

This.

1 Like

Dark Mode PLEASE !

I use a Dark Theme on Android and these bright white backgrounds hurt my eyes. Especially at night when waking to check event notifications.

4 Likes

I second this, with iOS 13s system wide dark mode (I’m on iOS 13 & love it, previously jailbroke for it) this would be a great addition. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. With all the mobile UI’s now having native Dark Modes, this is a necessity. Why must you hurt my eyes Wyze?!?!

2 Likes

Pure black, not just a gray.

2 Likes

Exactly. Should be as simple as an ascii code change. Not rocket science.

1 Like

I never like a white background. I have no idea why it is a thing. I remember early BBS always had black backgrounds. I blame Microsoft office and google for making white backgrounds the norm. I would fire coder that thinks white backgrounds are good.

iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 now offer a system-wide Dark Mode. I’m running it on my iPad 9.7 and it’s much easier on the eyes. There are many apps that don’t support it yet, however, such as the Wyze app. Therefore, its appearance remains bright white (with cyan text), even though I’ve enabled Dark Mode in iPadOS. Would be nice if the Wyze app could be modified to support this new feature for iPhones and iPads.

Why is it taking so long for WYZE to give ANY response regarding development of a native DARK MODE, or at least COMPATABILTY with both platforms native dark modes?

1 Like

I’m not sure, especially since this is such a popular item in the wishlist. Since the last time I saw it though I think it got upgraded to researching. To be fair even the tech giants are late slow in implementing dark modes like google, apple, etc.

Personally I would appreciate this. For the forums as well. The white and lime color scheme is hard to read and causes eye strain.

1 Like

The forum does have a black theme interface. I use it all the time. Go to your profile settings gear icon and select the dark theme under interface.

7 Likes

This is Brilliant!!! I love dark theme and had no idea it was in there :grinning:

2 Likes

Ahhh, much better. Thanks.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Glad to save your eyes from intense atomic screen brightness explosion. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh wow. Didn’t know that was there. Things are so much better now. Thanks.

3 Likes

Best when viewing low light files, the light screen is way too bright

2 Likes

Glad to see this is in the researching phase. I don’t know how long it’s been there though.

1 Like

Now that iOS 13 and Android 10 has a system Dark Theme/Mode, it would be nice to see the Wyze app has this functionality as well that changes to the system theme.

4 Likes