2.20+ app Beta test 5/14/2021

Yeh… That’s indeed a definite bummer. No luck for android fans… (Well not on 2.20.50 anyway…) Fingers crossed for a speedy patch…

Luckily I have the 47 watch and can confirm as well that the shortcuts are working on it at least…

1 Like

Wyze Ticket 1234241

Wyze support responded and suggested that I check to see if there were any android app updates. Then force stop the app and restart. Unfortunately, there isn’t any new updates to the app. But I did force quite and restart Wyze app as suggested… Issue still exist and unchanged…

I always do a Force Stop and Clearing of the Cache. Like you, didn’t work.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Yep… Was kinda hoping that by some strange luck that Wyze would’ve dropped a new patch update… But no joy…

Clearing cache is definitely a positive troubleshooting process…similarly just like the web browser we use for the internet … Cache should be cleared out ever so often just to get rid of old junk and not holding onto old data…

1 Like

Thats the truth. When the updates come for the Vacuum, I do a remap. Especially on the latest on as it allows for multiple floors. Learned this the hard way. Had an issue with the Vacuum, remapped and it worked fine.

Logs logs logs. I know it’s the same log but considering this is something important I’ve sent in a couple of logs for the same thing, I’m hoping pure volume will get needed attention

1 Like

Makes sense… Especially with all that technology and sensors inside the vac helping it stay on its course, it probably wouldn’t take too much of bad code before it gets all wigged out… So on the flip side, hopefully some corrective code will help improve its overall reliability and functionality…

True… Sent my log in… hopefully the engineers or maybe a higher level tech support can review it and have that Aha moment and correct the issue…

1 Like

I’m trying to send another one in now and I keep getting upload failed. So I guess I’ll be sending one in later instead lol

I have this issue the other day as well. Something tells me this may be a beta test :shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy:

1 Like

:rofl: This is what we signed up for…

I had the issue with the logs before like you are experiencing - mentioned it above. But it cleared itself. I assumed it was me clearing cache and force stopping - but maybe not.

I will send another shortly

1 Like

Hi, @spamoni is there a record in the rule history?

Hi @FullyChargedTech when you tapped the shortcut, is there an error message? Is there a record in the rule history?

Yes, I have many records in my Rules history. I even have the ones where my lights go off at 9:59pm and then another which indicates to turn the lights on at 10:01pm.

So the Rules History is working and being populated with Triggers and Schedules. It is populated with Shortcut Rules as well, but only when executed from my watch or iPhone. Not the Android device.

To be clear:

Android Phone: No Entries in Rules history when you tap on a Shortcut. You don’t even get the Animation of the shortcut icon.

Watch and iPhone: Shortcuts function and Rules History reflects it as such.

2 Likes

If you would like, I can do a screen recording tomorrow so you can see what happens.

1 Like

No error message when you tap on the shortcut on Android 2.20.50. The shortcut that didn’t execute correctly will not show up in the rules history which makes sense since it didn’t execute.

3 Likes

When you tap shortcut button at he top of the ap… nothing happens… (For example, the cameras do not restart… Or the sirens on the V3s do not come on, etc… etc… (And I do not see the shortcut history in the Rule history log… There is activity from my other rules working…but nothing for the shortcuts…)

[I sent in a log as well: 207232 / Wyze Ticket 1234241 ]

2 Likes

Hi @spamoni , we checked the logs and found that you’re not in the test group. Would you like to provide your email and I’ll add you to the test group, then you’ll migrate to the new Rule Engine.

I would, not sure how I missed that. I will PM my email for you.

@QSun, PM’d my email address for you.

My shortcuts are working now. @QiS added me to the Rules test group. Once that happened my shortcuts started working.

2 Likes

I have the rules engine and update on both devices, however,

I set the new shortcuts up from Android device but cannot execute using the Shortcuts on my
Android device - Android 11 Note10+ Wyze App V2.20.50

On my apple device they worked flawless
Apple Device - iOS 14.4.2 Wyze App v2.20.151
@QiS