2.20+ app Beta test 5/14/2021

VERSION:

• iOS: 2.20.151(2)

• Android: 2.20.50

*** The iOS test app may available later in Test Flight due to waiting for review.***

WHAT’S NEW:

• Rule Engine migration

This is a gradual release. The new Rule Engine may available at a later time for you.

SUGGESTED TEST AREAS:

• Creating new Rules

• Rule execution latency

• Rule history accuracy

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Rule execution may be delayed

FAQ for Rule Engine Migration

Q: WHAT IS A RULE ENGINE?

A “smart home” is a residence equipped with a number of devices that automate tasks normally handled by humans. A Rule Engine is a system that applies a series of decisions to determine how to react to a certain situation or what to do (e.g. turn off all the bulbs when you leave your home). The objective of the Rule Engine is to provide automatic control of various devices in the home based on events and conditions.

Q: WHAT IS THE RULE ENGINE MIGRATION?

We created a new Rule Engine to replace the existing Rule Engine. During the migration progress, your Rules data such as your Rules and Rules history will be migrated to a new database.

Q: WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LAUNCH A NEW RULE ENGINE?

First, as we have more and more users, the old Rule Engine won’t be able to meet our users’ requirements. This could lead to a bad experience such as a long delay before a Rule is executed. The second reason is that the old Rule Engine did not support flexible expansion. The new features, such as sunset, sunrise, and location triggers, and dynamic action are hard to develop in the old Rule Engine. In summary, we created this new Rule Engine for improved user experience and performance.

Q: WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE RULE ENGINE MIGRATION?

Generally, the migration will happen automatically in the background. It will last less than 1 minute and you shouldn’t notice it. If you happen to enter your Rules page during the migration, a pop-up will notify you that the migration is occurring and to try again later. At the end of the process, a successful migration will have your account running the new Rule Engine. If the migration failed, you’ll still use the previous Rule Engine.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW WHETHER THE MIGRATION WAS SUCCESSFUL?

You can test this! To do that, create a new schedule. If you see the new design with the day abbreviations in circles instead of written out, you’re using the new Rule Engine!

Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF RULE ENGINE MIGRATION FAILED?

If the migration fails, we’ll just use the old Rule Engine until we’re ready to try it again. Your data will still be stored in the old Rule Engine and you’ll be able to use your Rules as usual.

Q: WHAT IF THERE’S A BUG AFTER THE MIGRATION?

If you run into any issues with your Rules after the migration, please submit a log through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a log > Wyze App & Services > Rules and let us know the log number and a description of the issue as a reply to this post. We’ll fix it as soon as possible! :camera:

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN YOUR POST:

• A detailed description of the issue

• Your app version number (found under Account > About)

• If you are using iOS or Android

• Log number

7 Likes

Installed and will test the recommended area’s

2 Likes

@WyzeAndy Just tested the app and noticed that the Shortcuts are not working. I tap on a shortcut and nothing happens. But everything below the shortcut line works fine. See the image below, the area circled in red is not working.

Using Android 11 on Pixel 5
App Version: 2.20.50

5 Likes

Good find and same here. :+1: Android Wyze app v2.20.50

2 Likes

Can you add me to the beta?

Thanks in advance.

To join the beta group go here and sign up: Become a Beta Tester – Wyze

This will get you the automatically beta apps when it is available. iOS is a little different, you will need to install TestFlight. All of this is explained.

Once you are enrolled, you will be able to test Firmware updates as well. To do this, go to the App, select Account, Select About, then select Beta Program.

When in the Beta Program, you can click the edit at the top right and select the devices you would like the Beta Firmware for. I selected all :slight_smile: . make sure you save after selecting.

Then simply go to the Firmware upgrade area in the Accounts area and any devices you selected for Beta will now show up if beta is available.

2 Likes

@spamoni and @Seapup I found what you guys found as well. I wasnt able to send in logs for some reason. we either of you?

I did note that the shortcuts I added to my watch are working as programmed. just in case you happen to have some of them there too.

1 Like

I just submitted the log: 206396.

Android Device.

I noticed the watch was working as well. Figured that out when I was leaving the house this morning. Just got back home. The iOS Prod version is working with Shortcuts. I will be testing this in iOS later today when I install the Beta Version as well.

1 Like

:exploding_head: I wonder why it wouldn’t let me submit one. I know it’s not my phone…it’s brand new ( Jurassic park tone of voice :wink:) top of the line, spared no expense…weird

I’ll try again when I get home.

I had that happen before when trying to submit the logs. What corrected it for me was to logout of the app, force stop the app, clear cache (this may be overkill). Then restart the phone and log back in. :slight_smile:

I am sure there is a simpler way.

1 Like

Android Wyze app v2.20.50, Android 10, Samsung A20
My two preexisting shortcuts (1 to turn a group of cameras on, the other to turn them off) still work.

Wonder if it is because you are on Android 10. I currently have 5 shortcuts, and the area to touch is not working for any. I can swipe side to side and shortcuts do move.

I even tried to create a new Shortcut within the Beta Version and it did not work either.

1 Like

same here. I just upgraded from my draconian lgv30 to the galaxy s21 ultra and got no shortcuts on the “newer” and supposedly “better”

1 Like

I’m running beta under Android 8, 9 and 10. None allow me to use my 9 shortcuts.

Wonder what is different with then between our setup and @gemniii .

I am trying to get the latest Test version of the app on iOS to see if it experiences the same. However, when I loaded TestFlight, all it is allowing me to load is 2.20.131 (7) and not the one listed above: 2.20.151 (2). Anyone know how to force testflight to pull the latest beta version?

@spamoni

no timeline given. waiting on testflight. to bad we couldn’t get the file and sideload on apple.

thx

Guess I am going to need Quadfocals. :). Must have overlooked that.

1 Like

i had to hunt it down and it was right here in this same post lol. I was looking on FB.

1 Like

Tested on Android 12, all shortcuts working

1 Like

what in the world…@seapup and @spamoni looks like we are going to have to send a lot of logs in…I see no pattern at all emerging.

1 Like