2.20+ app Beta test 5/14/2021

@QiS in your original post you hadn’t noted that the rules engine would effect the shortcuts. it seems like it wouldn’t as it’s not an automatic thing. with shortcuts being a manual control it seems if shortcuts are effected then maybe group controls ( being manual as well ) would be effected too but they aren’t. being a nerd I was just wondering if you might have any insight as to why this is effecting only shortcuts.

Just saw that the new Rules Engine allows setting the Color of the Color Bulb.

3 Likes

Can you Beta testers try something out with the iOS app. you are playing with. Prior to the iOS app 2.20.142 when you downloaded an event video from the V3 or other cam you had the choice to give WYZE permission to access “Selected Photos” or all photos on the iOS device, that no longer works. You can download only if you give access to “All Photos” which seems very strange to me. The good part with the new app (2.20.142) is you can now download 1080 HD videos.

Sup @Antonius my drinking buddy… I’ll take a look.

Looks like it is all photos… I tried selected photos, then tried to create a new WYZE folder and it wouldn’t download until I selected all.

Chiming in here, I’m also on Android 11 and Wyze v2.20.50 and I can’t execute my shortcuts any more.

Hi @Aerospacesmith I think you’re not in the test group. Could you provide your email? I’ll add your email to the test group.

Was it posted anywhere that said we had to sign up for the new rules migration test group? I thought it was automatic if you downloaded the Android 2.20.59 beta app.

2 Likes

I think we got caught up in this:

But given the issue with the Shortcuts, I think @QiS is adding those of us who have issues. Not sure, but I have setup new rules already and will do more tomorrow depending on how these rules work.

1 Like

Hi @R.Good Just added you. Please try to kill your app and re-open it.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Hi @cheaplikeafox We’ll enlarge the user group gradually. If you’re not in the test group, please be patient. The purpose of this is to gradually expose and solve the problems in order to ensure the new Rule Engine works well.

3 Likes

For the shortcut issues, it’s another story, we’re working on that.
I added you to the test group so that you’re run on the new Rule Engine.

1 Like

I really appreciate that. However, Note that when you added me to the group, my shortcuts are working now. That was the only change.

So far though, the rules are working well. I have some that will go off at 9:59pm tonight. If this works I can eliminate a bunch of other Rules I have. So compliments to you all, so far so good.

Thanks for checking R. I just know it has Pi$$ed a lot of folks off. Jameson today, got a one liter bottle which should last a while at one shot a day :upside_down_face:

I am in the test group now and Shortcuts on the Android device is now working for me as well since being added.
@QiS

1 Like

I did see those posts… I wonder why the change in rights on the iPhone. This appears to have been the standard on Android.

Went to a restaurant that had Pappy van winkle (or Old RIP Van winkle) by the glass…
12 year - 75$
15 year - 95$
23 year - 175$

I asked if I could sniff it, they said 50$ :lying_face:
I got my vodka cran…

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Shortcuts now work. Thank you @QiS

So if we’re not in the test group then our shortcuts will not work for now right? There might be quite a few beta users that are not aware of that and are probably not in the test group. It would be good to let them know the shortcuts are not going to work on the new Android beta 2.20.50 app or else customer support might be get several tickets about the same issue.

Ok I don’t mind waiting but I did notice that you added several other users to the test group in this thread though.

3 Likes

@QiS @WyzeAndy

Wishlist Item for Rules Engine:
Copy and Edit ability
Rules are often repeated, turn off, turn on etc… with multiple end points in some cases. Rather than having to repeat from scratch it would be faster if the user could copy a rule and modify attributes.

Test results:
Test 1
Tested a couple legacy rules since I am in the test group now.

These rules are set to turn on WYZE bulbs (non-color) when a door opens using a V1 contact sensor connected to a V1 hub attached to a V2 camera.

The response was much faster… on average 2 seconds, where before they would take 3-4

Test 2

Deleted and built a new rule using a V1 motion sensor connected to the new Sense hub, where if the sensor detects motion to turn lights on, then turn off after 20 minutes of the room being clear.

All tests successfully executed so far. I have built a new one I will test later.