Wyze Thermostat not powering up

I need a wider view. you should have 2 sets of thermostat wires there, one that goes to the outdoor ac unit and one that goes to the thermostat.
Also show the wyze wiring.

I have my old Honeywell back on the wall, the blue C wire is connected but only gets 8V.

image !

Ah, I see the problem. You connected the wrong blue wire. connect the blue wire that comes from this bundle to C.

That other blue wire is in the run to your outdoor A/C unit and isn’t likely connected to anything on the other end.
The reason you are seeing 8V across an unconnected wire and R is from capacitive coupling to the other wires in the bundle.

Got it working! Thank you for taking the time!

1 Like

G transfer sticker label to C was our answer. THANK YOU for all your posts. This took way longer than it should have.

To give an update I got my thermostats working but had to hire an experienced HVAC guy to do it. He said some wires were missing and not spliced and then he had further trouble shooting to do. He said things weren’t wired up properly in the house. Actually took him twice as long as it should have and he said 1/2 of the hvac guys on his team wouldn’t have been able to figure it out because it was several problems all causing weird issues. He said I never would have figured it out or gotten it working using those Wyze videos and guides. It wasn’t that expensive to have someone come out so glad I didn’t keep poking around myself or I just would have wasted my time. He never used those round converter plugs either but since I didn’t get full details I’m not sure every step he took to get it working, just glad they are working finally.

I’m betting there were splices in the middle where wire colors got switched, or wires left unconnected completely. Glad you got it fixed. A wire tracing tool and someone that has the knowledge to use one becomes invaluable in situations like this.

He mentioned there should have been 5 wires hooked up and someone only hooked up 4 of the 5. He said it happens all the time where they hook up all but one wire. Whatever I did with the blue wire didn’t fix it, but then he said that he found the missing wire in a different bundle all taped up to the outside cooling wires. He thought the Wyze unit was broken but then hooked it up directly to the furnace and saw it power up.

I posted in another thread so sorry, a repost. This one has many more replies.

I can’t get my Wyze thermostat to power on. I did get it to click a lot when I tried another wire. The furnace powers up but doesn’t ignite. There is nothing wrong with the furnace. Can you look at the wiring and see if you find anything? I’m running spac

e heaters while I do this :confused:

Did you close the furnace door or hold down the switch that prevents it from starting up with the door open?
Does your board have power? Your wiring looks good from here. Do you have a multi-meter that can check for voltage between Rc and C? Check the fuse if you see one on the board. Can you share a zoomed out furnace picture?

The furnace door is closed, yes. I have a multimeter that my brother left behind and the numbers are jumping so I gather it is faulty.

With the main breaker for your furnace turned on, if you push in this safety interlock button, do the LEDs on the board light up? (Note, when pushing this in, do not touch anything else, there is dangerous voltage present.)

If not, you might have tripped the internal breaker. I don’t see a fuse anywhere, but I think this is a circuit breaker. If it is, there should be a button on the right side on the other side of that piece of sheet metal that pops out if it is tripped.

The reset button should be in here

Thanks, I gave up. It shouldn’t be this much work. I ordered a Nest. I didn’t want to. I wanted all of my Wyze products on one app. :confused:

Don’t blame you. Still no operating manual for it either.

the nest isn’t going to help if you tripped your furnace’s breaker.

I’ve read so many posts that other thermostats worked and they couldn’t get the Wyze going. This Nest has batteries like my Aprilaire has so I am hoping it is just a easy hook up and go.

You should have tried what I did. When I gave up trying to hook up both of mine I called a professional hvac guy. Cost me $180 to install both but the guy found several problems with my furnace me said that a Nest wouldn’t have worked for me either because things weren’t wired up properly upstairs. So two Nests would cost me $500 and two of these cost me $100 plus the $180 to have a professional hook them up so $280 for both or maybe $300 if you count shipping. I still saved myself a couple hundred dollars on buying 2 Nests. That’s why I just not the bullet and called for a help because I was Iike even if I hook up the Nests and they work, it won’t save me any money it will actually cost me more plus now you still have to worry about if the Nests will work and if they don’t then you still have to call a professional and spend even more.

1 Like

The nest cost $129, they have a new version. I still have the Wyze as I’m waiting for the return ticket. My tech savvy son is coming tonight and if he gets it going, I can cancel my Nest. But understand, I have the other thermostat running now, Aprilaire, with batteries. The wiring is all good. I have a C wire. The multimeter and Nest show up today. One way or the other, I will have a working smart thermostat by the end of the day lol.

The leds do light up. So the nest did respond, only because it has batteries. It couldn’t identify a c wire. They are there at the wall and at the furnace.