Wyze Thermostat not powering up

Thinking about installing C wire adaptor even though i have C wire. But it has a wire harness so not so easy to put things back if it still doesnt work. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

Try connecting the brown thermostat wire to C on the wyze and capping the blue one.

I have a similar set up to you. I got the Thermostat to power on for 5 min and after that it won’t power up. I tried the C-Adapter and it didn’t work for me either

Show your pictures, You likely put the wyze in series with something that wasn’t actually C. For instance, in marlow’s case above, his C wire in his furnace is brown, but he has a blue wire in that socket on his old thermostat, and a brown wire not connected to anything. The blue wire in his case might be C coming from the A/C, but seeing as his R is coming from the furnace, his C needs to come from there as well.

I thought of that and connected the brown to C on the old Stat that runs with batteries to see if it powered on without them no dice though. Dont know if that Stat is a model that can work without batteries though. I will give it a shot. Speadie how can i tell if C wire is coming from A/C? How do i change that if it is?

Can you find a place where there are wirenuts on the thermostat wires? or just follow that brown wire that comes from the furnace board as far as you can and see what’s spliced into it.

Was the brown wire attached to anything on your old thermostat?

Yes there are spliced wires capped with wire nuts coming from the handler then hoing down to the Stat. No the brown was not hooked into anything

What is the blue wire from the thermostat attached to?
If you connect the brown wire from that connector on the furnace to the brown wire from the thermostat, and then connect that to C on your wyze, it should work.

Going into attic to look

Followed brown out of furnace to blue and white. Followed blue found it not connected. Which nut should i splice into?

Does that cord going to the right have a blue or brown wire in it?

Striped back some of the casing found blue and brown. Which should i connect to. Thanks for all the help

Yes

Connect blue to blue and then plug the blue thermostat wire into C on your wyze.

Shes up and running thanks speadie. thanks to the rest of you.

1 Like

Here’s my problem: Before

Please help. Thanks!

After:

There was power on my 24V slot on my furnace using a multimeter. Still not working.
I used every possibilities. No success.
Question: Does the Venstar add-a- wire works for wyze thermostat. Btw, I have to install two wyze thermostats?
Any help would greatly appreciate.

Why didn’t you just use the blue wire that was already attached to C? Putting the common splitter in there just complicates things if you already have a 5 wire run.
You need to check for voltage between R and C at the thermostat.

You do not need any add a wire things- you already have a wire that would work for common.

Hi speadie.

I used the blue wire that was already attached to the C on my furnace and hooked the blue wire on my thermostat (still doesn’t power up). There was no voltage between R and C at the thermostat that’s why I used a C wire adapter provided by Wyze. I exhausted all possible options and didn’t work out. Thanks!