Wyze Smart Window Shade/Curtains Motor or Blinds

A little disappointed that this conversation has been ongoing for 2 years with no indication it’s getting moved to the roadmap. This seems like a much more logical step than some of the recent additions like the sprinkler system… Would absolutely love to see a smart blind solution (especially just the wand replacement style). I don’t even need any fancy daylight features as they can be added later or worked around using smart assistant routines, etc. (Don’t get me wrong, daylight sensing would be nice, but I’d personally prefer to just tag them to google assistant routines.)

The competition in this product is absolutely gouging consumers. Years after this thread started the cheapest alternatives seem to be above $100 per device… and who only has one blind they want to control?

Please, please, please.

1 Like

I want this so bad. It’s like the Wyze camera. The market is extremely inflated in price and people can’t afford the products. Wyze could make a very heavy hit to the competition if they would just jump on the market. Please make this I’m begging you.

1 Like

Smart blackout blinds are a big part of smart lighting, home security, privacy, and being energy efficient. I think Wyze should consider this market space!

Yo, totally waiting on this too. Been looking for this forever and the options are crazy priced and not worth it. Affordable simple smart home device made me think wyze. I was going to suggest it but seems like many already have. I’ll pre-order 12 right now =]

2 Likes

I would rather buy the “Wyze Smart Blind” than buy the ikea fyrtur. I feel like you all could do it so much better (nothing against ikea). I feel like most people have a window so this could be a hot seller :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, we need smart window blind motors, please

I would really love to have a few window coverings smartly motorized, with a gadget for curtains similar to switchbot.

Badly need this device. Also don’t want to opt for some other company and then a month later realize Wyze is launching a product similar to this.

2 Likes

After hoping and waiting that Wyze would look into and develop this we finally came across a solution that opens and closes the slats that was less than $100. We’re very happy with them and it’s great, being able to easily have the blind slats open and close at selected times; waking up to a house full of sunshine, and then not having to run around and close them all manually in evening… or forget to, or be out and remember we didn’t close the blinds… you get the idea - it’s been wonderful. And we’re not talking a couple blinds in one room… we’ve outfitted 10 windows in our house that we wanted to be able to easily control.

I’ve got seven more windows I’d probably jump at having smart wands for if Wyze does ever come out with something, especially if they can undercut the price of what we currently have.

1 Like

What solution did you end up going with?

Sunsa is the company, you can search for Sunsa Wand, Sunsa Home, or Sunsa Smart Blinds and you should be able to find them on Google.

Right now they are fulfilling pledge perks from their crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo. I was watching them before it launched and followed it closely going in as one of their initial backers. When I got my first batch of 8 the worked so well I ordered another 2 and got those in a couple weeks ago.

Their website’s pre-order link takes you to Indiegogo. They should be finishing the campaign soon I would imagine, in case you’re wary of crowdfunding projects. I’d expect them to launch entirely independently here soon, so watch their website if that’s the case. But I can honestly say we only had one problem, and support was fast, responsive, and easily fixed the problem!

They do average about $85 a wand, though the more you buy the more you “save”.

1 Like

I have logged into the community site just to look for this topic. We have just received the Wyze Scale S, in our home we are becoming Wyze addicted, no vaccine for it yet, we don’t want any other product on the market we want the Wyze Automated Blinds! (you can choose another name, no problem) Please try to squeeze it into the roadmap :slight_smile:

1 Like

The benefit of motorized window blinds is the ability to enhance your home’s energy efficiency. Modern advances in window treatment technology have increased the thermal performance of blinds and shades. And these blinds are control by remote.

2 Likes

Would be great to add to existing curtain rods that have the diameter change from the telescoping feature most have.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could develop a curtain opening/closing robot that works on regular telescoping curtain rods found everywhere and various curtain types (grommet, loop, back loop, etc.). There are only a few already out there and I’m not in love with them or the idea of having another app and hub system. We have so many Wyze products already, it would be great to keep it all in the same family. Thank you!

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Please note that the scope of this wishlist topic is not limited to the 1st post. This wishlist topic serves as a collection of users’ ideas and use-cases for Wyze to consider when implementing the requested change as indicated by the title and supplemented with replies. Consolidating ideas and use-cases into a single topic helps Wyze employees be more efficient and increases the chance of implementing this change request.

3 Likes

Hi wyze I think you should create electric blinds because I have a lot of windows in my house and I want to be able to close blinds with a click of a button thank you

5 Likes

Does Wyze have plans to develop smart curtains?

3 Likes

Yes let’s go !! Automatic window shades will be amazing with app control and light switch control

I would also buy this for every window in my house without any delay. Yes, please!

This guy did it for a couple bucks. Come on wyze. Knock out a tilt option at least.