Wyze Smart Window Shade/Curtains Motor or Blinds

go-for-it-you-can-do-it

Blind Automation!! Please!!

It would be completely awesome to come home, open my wyze lock and my blinds open. Or, go to bed and close my blinds automatic. I have seen the DIY motors some companies are putting out, but i refuse to have to install yet another app in my phone and cycle through the different apps to do different things. Especially when wyze can solve that issue by creating this awesome gadget and do it all from the Wyze ecosystem. I would be ready to purchase and install 9 of them as soon as you put them out!! Come on… do it.

I have a chronic illness that makes my mobility come and go. I have long-wished for an affordable way to close the window curtains or lower some shades (not blinds) when the sun is too bright and I need darkness. Wyze would be my fairy godmother if it could grant that wish! Please oh please oh please! :magic_wand: :sparkles: :fairy:

1 Like

Switchbot just launched a crowd funding campaign for a similar concept. Would be nice is Wyze could create a similar product that is then compatible with the Wyze ecosystem to utilize rules.

I 100% agree! Make some smart blinds/shades Wyze!

I agree. This would be a great product for Wyze. I’d definitely buy a few. The current products on the market are big bulky, and pretty pricey. This would be a great Wyze product.

yes please! the best one on the market available in the US is either Soma or Ryse, and Soma requires you to buy a Raspberry Pi and install custom software (Connect) for smart functionality, and Ryse charges 69 bucks for their hub, on top of the individual units. Would love to use the Wyze hub I already have for cameras and control my roller blinds.

Just built a new home, and with 12ft high ceilings and secondary windows near the ceiling. Either I buy window blinds with unsightly and awkward super long cords or some sort of automation. Just like the forum post, there is nothing reasonable out there for automation (with wifi) and we all know Wyze loves to provide smart home solutions to such issues! Not sure I agree with the <$10 statement (likely would need to be higher price for higher quality), but otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with the original poster on the need for this solution.

2 Likes

$10? Lol

I would like to add my desire for automated window blinds as well. I’ve actually been looking at several companies (i.e. MySmartBlinds Automation Kit Motorized Blinds - $99 on Amazon) but would much rather wait a bit to see if Wyze might get into the game before too long. I’d much rather have all my smart devices on one app, and that app preferably be Wyze…

2 Likes

So, my blinds open and close with a stick that turns and move up and down with pull strings. This is a very common type.

Wyze has all the stuff to control this! Using the door software and turn it 90 degress and add an insert for a rod to twist. Set open limit, set closed limit. Control by time of day and include sunrise and sunset. Control limits, half, full or user defined presets…

Then for the string/rope side. Rotate a small wheel to raise and lower. Again the tech in the door lock is almost there.

These can be powered by small battery since most windows do not have eazy electric supply.

I have seen the roller type for moving drapes from left to right. No use in my home.

Maybe?

Come on @UserCustomerGwen! I’ve got a new house with 19 windows that I would buy this for!

$10 sounds like a pipe dream to me, but I’m definitely in agreement on the premise. Would love this. I would expect they could probably push something out for $50 or less.

I’d really love for ones that slide horizontally as well (usually for sliding doors), though regular window blinds are probably higher on my list. Raise/lower in addition to twist would be great, but I’d settle for just twist (though not for $50)

1 Like

If you want to disrupt the market this is the way to do it. I believe Smart blinds are going to be the next big game charger in the smart home. I would argue that there is not a company out there making truly affordable smart blinds. We need an affordable smart tilt blind or kit. No need to raise or lower. This is a no brained!

2 Likes

So, my blinds open and close with a stick that turns and move up and down with pull strings. This is a very common type.

Wyze has all the stuff to control this! Using the door software and turn it 90 degress and add an insert for a rod to twist. Set open limit, set closed limit. Control by time of day and include sunrise and sunset. Control limits, half, full or user defined presets…

Then for the string/rope side. Rotate a small wheel to raise and lower. Again the tech in the door lock is almost there.

These can be powered by small battery since most windows do not have eazy electric supply.

I have seen the roller type for moving drapes from left to right. No use in my home.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Wyze Smart Window Shade/Curtains Motor or Blinds:

I would purchase several of these! I would hope they could integrate on multiple windows and individual windows. We live in an old Opera Block building from 1880. Our bedroom has 5 huge windows that it would be nice to raise and lower shades in unison and individually. It would be great to have a timer on them too as several windows face East and if the shades open at 6:00am, it would act like an alarm clock and I could wake up with the sun. I would also have the shades close automatically at dark for more privacy.

Would love this please! :blush:

1 Like

I am currently looking to for some autonomous blind control for the multiple blinds throughout the house. I came across a relatively expensive product that would meet my needs and made by sunsa wand. it is an app activated blind controller. With the home automation venture i am going through, this is an item that would help complete it. Intergraded with Alexa voice control for the Wyze app, it could be automatic or on demand. a simple schedule or voice command and the doors would lock (Wyze door), lights would dim (Wyze bulb), items would shut off (Wyze outlet control) and now the blinds would close (tilt, not raise up or down). Then in the morning would essentially be the reverse.

1 Like