Wyze Smart Window Shade/Curtains Motor or Blinds

Precisely. Theres no need to get into the business of blinds (fabrics, sizes, etc), just find a way to control the interface between human and window-covering.
MySmartBlinds/Tilt have done that very effectively. I prefer that to the chain-pulley solutions such as Brunt.
The Smartbot Curtain is clever insofar as it will work with any sort of drape.
I’d love one that can automate plantation shutters.

To demonstrate, stick a WyzeLock to the side wall of a window opening with a spindle attached to the rotating locking mechanism on one end and the pull-cord from a blind on the other. By sending “lock” or “unlock” commands you’d turn the lock which would turn the spindle and blind up or down accordingly.
Allow it to be scheduled to close X minutes before/after sunset based on user preferences

Yup, the simplest ones I’ve looked at that would work for to windows I have in mind are just smart gear motors. They usually come with like 3 capstan adapters for chain, cord. Etc. many also have a small suction cup silver charger that sticks to the window to keep the internal lithium battery charged. The only problem is they start at about $80 minimum per unit and go up from there or I’d have already got two of them.

2 Likes

I saw this cool product from Switch bot (SwitchBot Curtain | Smart Curtain Robot, Automatic Curtain Opener – SwitchBot International), saw the price (just under $200) and figured Wyze would easily crush this.

Would love to see you guys put out a similar product at a much more reasonable pricepoint.

5 Likes

This would also be a great add-on product to the Thermostat and the idea of Wyze better controlling the overall temperature and eco-friendliness of the home. Another idea would be a smart fan that works with the Wyze Thermostat’s feature of using the HVAC fan to circulate the air after the AC/heat turns off.

1 Like

I would love to see wyze come out with their own version of a automatic curtain opener.

1 Like

here is one such solution retailing for $85. this would be great to integrate (rules) with bulbs & outlets.

Single White E-Wand for Slatted Blind Motorization (E Wand) - Motorize and Automate Existing Blinds- Retrofit Motorized Blinds Amazon.com

It would be great if you guys came out with remote controlled window blinds. Or an adapter that could slot into the window blinds so it can’t twist and open it via the app. Also, so the blinds could be put on a schedule so they open and close automatically.

Would love a Curtain motor for all my windows :smiley: Please make it happen

Power shades or curtains available, or power door opener for wheelchair people.

1 Like

I’ve been finding myself in more need for such product and all I found searching the internet were old and expensive “solutions” that Wyze could very easily surpass.

I propose a motorized blinds controller that connects to the beaded link in order to automate rolling them up or down with ability to control from Wyze app and through voice assistant s’ integration.

Wyze already have plenty of experience around home appliances by now, would be pretty easy to manufacture and could have strong market penetration considering current products are unnecessarily expensive and have no home automation features.

Included is a very rough diagram (my skills surpass Picasso, I know)

EDIT: I’d pledge to buy at least 30 units

2 Likes

Just copy the Sunsa Wand from Sunsahomes.com and offer it at $29.99. I’ll buy 12 of them!

2 Likes

So I have been a fan of Wyze products for a few years now and I have many of their offerings. But I was thinking today wouldn’t it be ideal if they offered an automated curtain rod and window blinds controller? Maybe something that could integrate with existing rods and blinds,

Think about it:

1. It could be integrated with the Wyze thermostat so when your home starts to warm up from a blazing sun, the thermostat could click on the AC and the curtains could close to block out the heat.
  2. Integrated with the Wyze bulbs so at dusk the curtains will close as the bulbs come on for privacy.
  3. If motion is detected on the cameras or motion sensors during the night, a table lamp with a Wyze bulb could click on and a curtain could automatically open making someone outside believe the homeowner is checking out the commotion.
  4. Maybe a vacation setting so that a few sets of curtains or blinds open and close periodically while you are away and it let’s would-be burglars think that possibly someone is home.
  5. Movie night and with a simple voice command you can dim the Wyze bulbs and close the curtains as you and the family settle in for a film.

Just a few ideas.

7 Likes

Great ideas, I’d love to see Wyze make this product!

2 Likes

A man with ideas I myself dream of doing. But, only after they overhaul their App. At least fix the lack of landscape mode issue first. Please. Thank you.

I use landscape mode VERY frequently on iOS - is that what you are using?

I’m using Android.

Please, please, please create an affordable smart blind! I have to leave for work before the kids get up, and the blinds rarely get raised until I come home. Pairing the smart blinds with the temperature/humidity monitor could bring my battle of mold/mildew to a thrilling conclusion!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!
After they fix the lack of a native landscape mode, and send me my lamp!

Something like the Zemismart WiFi Tuya Smart Curtain Driver or the Switchbot Curtain but at an affordable price would be amazing. I’d buy 20 instantly.