Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

New V3 looks great, and defiantly a step up from the V2.

I’ve always thought Wyze are trying too hard to keep the price too low. Charge an extra $5-$10 per camera and make it a bit more rounded. Make it 2k resolution, improve the wifi range, pump a bit more $ into development, and build more resilience into the system to eliminate the annoying bugs that can make the system unreliable and frustrating at times. You make a really good camera, but it could be great with just a little more. Paying $10 more per camera isn’t going to deter any buyers but you could make your product a lot stronger.

A V4 premium camera with all the features including onboard AI, etc would be a great move. I’d gladly replace most of my seven v2 cameras with premium 2k res V4’s, even if they cost $40 each.

3 Likes

I second this sentiment! Give us 4k and other features that we have been requesting and most of us will be happily handing over an extra $20 bill for each of these Wyze cam!

1 Like

THIS should be #1 on the list to the exclusion of everything else. I might even change my mind about dumping Wyze and go back. :thinking:

1 Like

Will the V3 support RTSP ???

Where can I get an outdoor power cable for the V3? Is this available from Wyze? I’d like to place one order if I can.

1 Like

PLEASE…get the supply of Wyze products in Canada faster!!!

Its really lame how we cannot purchase these here.

1 Like

There is an outdoor one coming from Wyze for $9.99, scroll to the bottom of this page:

3 Likes

Not yet, but they say it is coming as a separate firmware…

3 Likes

Nice, but are you making them in Black color as well?

If you have V2s outside now, you can use those power cords. If you are referring to the new outdoor power adapter, those will be available soon.

this has been covered in this very thread…

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen mentioned above that they are looking into offering the V3 in black, but do not have a timeline for it yet.

1 Like

@steve4335, in my best Jack Benny voice “Now cut that out!” LOL

2 Likes

LOL, we must be typing at the same time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking. LOL

1 Like

Mind sharing the name of this service? Because unfortunately I am a bit doubtful they will be able to launch in Canada before the product launches. =/

Here you go the service is called “ShipItTo”, they even have a shipping calculator on the site too.

SHIPITTO: Shipito | Shop In The US & Ship Anywhere | Free US Address

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Is the shape of these the same as the v2? I ask because if I replace my v2’s will the v3’s fit in my 3rd party outdoor housing units that my v2’s fit in perfectly?

1 Like

Any ETA on the RTSP firmware? I’m currently deploying these in solar powered bluebird nesting boxes that stream real-time over the internet and would like to use this v3 but RTSP is a must,

Do they draw the same power as the v2?

I’m sorry, I think that the shape may be slightly different so I can’t guarantee that your 3rd party housing will fit right.

1 Like