it does not look like it, from the camera specs page:

V2:

• Height: 2.20" (56mm)
  • Width: 1.97" (50mm)
  • Depth: 1.97" (50mm)

V3:
52 mm (L) x 51 mm (W) x 58.5 mm (D)

2 Likes

Very excited about the Wyze Cam v3! I will be preordering some of these for sure :smiley:
Love the updated features and that it can be used Indoors and Outdoors! Thanks Wyze for another great product!

2 Likes

They are very similar in size, but not exactly the same:

V3: 2.05"W x 2.01"D x 2.30"H
V2: 1.97"W x 1.97"D x 2.20"H

This is, however, an outdoor-rated camera. Do you still need your housing?

2 Likes

So many of these questions have been answered already, lol. The most current consumption I’ve seen on my sample V3 is 0.38A (w/‘near’ LEDs on). A V2 I tested earlier is around 0.52A max w/LEDs on.

Both come with 1A power adapters.

2 Likes

Any timeline for release of Wyze Sense V2? What should we do in the meantime? Will the V2 bridge actually support v1 sensors?

1 Like

Hope we hear some info about Wyze Sense v2 soon! :slight_smile:

I am happy to hear this!

I wish Wyze would stop emailing me new product announcements that we can’t order from here in Canada. We don’t find out we’re well into the purchase (at checkout time). The billing page asks for a state or province but only accepts a state. Waste of time. Wyze can do better than that I think.

You can unsubscribe at the bottom of the email (super-fine, grayed print, lol).

Officially, all Wyze sales are US only.

5 Likes

Why would you say FREE SHIPPING on the pre-order website and then charge shipping on pre-orders

WYZE|690x129

2 Likes

They also state “exclusions apply”. Please review this page: https://wyze.com/wyze-week-promotional-terms

1 Like

I find it interesting that Wyze released this camera after their “Outdoor Camera”. Most of us wanted and outdoor version on the v2 camera but ended up buying the Outdoor Camera and paying more for it.

So this version 3 camera is the same price as version 2, yet has Starlight and an outdoor weathering capability. Had this been released prior to the Outdoor Camera, the Outdoor Camera sales would have been much lower.

Please Wyze stop making so many new products, your customer support for the current products is already severely lacking. Fix the issues with the current stuff and stop spreading yourself so thin.

5 Likes

The new person , package , pet detection , coming up soon should probably resolve that issue

2 Likes

As far as I know (as a tester), the power pigtail is for power only. All data is done over WiFi.

1 Like

wait, a bit of a mixed message here. “fix the issues with the current stuff”. Isn’t that exactly what V3 is (at least for many of us). It adds a siren to the Wyze universe (something that is missing from the Sense product line). It improves what has been lacking when it comes to night vision (I had been using LIFX + to brighten rooms and my camera pointing outdoors sees shadows mostly).

You can’t say that it is apples to apples with the outdoor camera though. It does bring a true IPX5 wired camera to the Wyze lineup, a feat that required an questionable enclosure in the past (none of them could ever be considered “rated”.

It also brings true 2-way communications which has been missing.

The outdoor camera serves a different purpose than this camera does. You are likely right that some that purchased the outdoor camera likely would have preferred this one, but that is less about releasing too many products and more about utilizing a strategy of secrecy. For that I do not blame them as they are in a highly competitive market sector and allowing a company to beat you to market can be destructive.

I have had over 60 Wyze products and more coming. Their customer service has improved. Their functionality and feature lists have improved. The motivation of the company is not to release the biggest, baddest, most fully featured products, but to make smart technology accessible and usable. If you want a Cadillac, go buy one. If you want something reliable but not top of the line… Wyze

5 Likes

So you’re ok with the FREE SHIPPING being a big bright box on the top of the page, and BURIED in the fine print *Exclusions apply

Pre-orders are not included in the free shipping over $33 offer. As Gwen said in reply #37, “the shipping and discount logic for pre-orders is a little funky so they’re excluded from the promotion.”

3 Likes

Argh! Seriously, you announce this one day before my latest order of two more Cam v2’s arrives? You’re killing me, Wyze! LOL. Kinda bummed but looks like I’ll be buying more…

1 Like

The more expensive Outdoor cam does not have the playback feature as the Pan-Cam and V3 cam

I want to trade my outdoor cam and base station for the V3. The 10hr max schedule record feature is nothing like the instant playback feature. Or simply make the outdoor cam playback capable with software update so I do not have to buy another camera and be stuck with the useless (to me) outdoor cam. I need instant playback!!!

Also how much is the outdoor power cable for the new V3 and when will it be available?

1 Like

If you look at the link I provided, It is clearly stated at the TOP of the page (smaller print sure, but still there): Ends 10/30. Select products only. See terms. Exclusions apply.

So why is it on the PRE-ORDER webpage… This technology company couldn’t figure out a way to have a pre-order page WITHOUT FREE SHIPPING plastered all over the top of it.