Wyze Cam v3 Beta, 2.33 App RC test 7/14/2022

In my experience, Wyze only does that if normal troubleshooting methods don’t work first, including manually flashing the firmware back first.

On the bright side, WyzeDesmond said they do have a new Firmware version coming out soon that fixes a lot of different bugs, and so far it is working well for him, so hopefully we’ll get that beta update here really soon. In the meantime, the options we have are to manually flash the firmware or just wait until the new FW is released. I expect it shouldn’t be too long, though they are putting a lot of fixes into this. I am excited for the next release.

1 Like

I can assure you they are working on it. I am sure this is not a trivial fix.

What makes it difficult is that some individuals, like me, have updated the V3’s and have not bricked them. I did see a little choppiness as posted above, I believe. But it had to be pointed out to me.

Have you submitted a log and opened a ticket for Wyze to look at as well? As @carverofchoice indicated, WyzeDesmong has indicated that a new Firmware will be coming out soon.

As a safety measure, you may not want to upgrade to the Beta FW on cameras and devices you need to ensure continues to work.

2 Likes

I had no issues flashing back, guess I got lucky. At first I thought something had gone wrong but then realized I had to go through the process of adding them back.

We all know what we are getting ourselves into when running beta. As much of a pain as it was to get to a few of my cameras to manually flash them back, I chose to run beta firmware so that’s on me. Lesson learned, I won’t run beta on those again or any others that may be critical for security or other reasons.

I still have one on beta which I’ll keep for testing but it’s not mission critical.

3 Likes

I run beta all the time. Been pretty lucky and have not run into any major issues except once. Worked with Wyze and eventually got it all worked out. I go into beta testing with my eyes open, but like the challenges it may bring as well. I also like to see what is coming and how it will affect myself and others when finally released. I do have a few cameras I never update as they are critical cameras around the house, but for the most part, I update as many as I can.

I updated 8 v3’s with this version and so far all is good. I keep checking to see. They are around the house and get a lot of notifications.

3 Likes

This is a great attitude. It is basically the same attitude I share. I also often start by updating just a few cameras now, then once those show to not have a critical consequence, I then update the rest after that.

In my multiple years with Beta I have had some with severe issues, but I was never mad at Wyze over it, and they’ve always come through in the end one way or the other even if sometimes it takes time to figure out, so I have come to trust them. When I do have big issues turn up, I will usually DM the devs we commonly see in the beta channel to tell them I am willing to be a guinea pig they can test fixes for it with. When that’s happened, I have given them the MAC address of the camera showing problems with permission to push any alpha firmware they want to test on there and I will report if it helps resolve things or what else turns up. I pull SD card logs for them and all sorts of stuff. I love helping when I can. In the end they’ve always gotten everything back right with me, so I’ve enjoyed beta testing to help out. I do keep a couple of spare cameras just in case. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you helping out in here too :+1: You make things better for ALL of us.

2 Likes

:rofl: I go all in and update them all and other devices and then when something goes wrong, I say oops

3 Likes

Lol that’s what I’ve done and it has really bitten me this time around. Lesson learned but I only blame myself.

4 Likes

:rofl: Same here but will be taking the more cautious approach from now on.

3 Likes

I said that also when I ran into the problem. Then after a couple of updates I reverted back. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Three weeks now wyze, any updates? New beta firmware? Any way yet to remotely downgrade?

4 Likes

I am sorry, they are still working on fixing the firmware, the only way to downgrade is to manually do it with a micro SD card.

1 Like

:sleeping:

When I opened the app today, I just got the app notifications banner thing at the top of the home page. There was 3 as usual, I went through read and dismissed them, and then as soon as I dismissed the last one, 3 more came. This repeated until I had dismissed 10 of them, and finnaly they went away. Never seen this lol, app log: 674041

1 Like

Can we get fixed firmware please we can remote update to?

1 Like

Does anYone atcwYze care about the customers who gave you money for subscription services to a device that do t work with broken beta firmware?

Why release a fixed firmware for older versions of cameras first instead of newer ones??

I’m about to quit with wyze… I need my cameras remotely able to be upgraded or downgraded to fix firmware issues!!

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have fixed the issues on the previous V3 beta firmware and the new beta firmware is being QA tested. After the testing finished, we will release another beta firmware next week. I really apologize for the issues on the previous beta firmware.

8 Likes

Getting the constant recording of sound event noted in v2 bug fix notes on my v3. Smart detection off, sound detection off, motion on.

Get constant sound events as soon as the cool down expires.

V3 firmware 4.36.10.2163

Spotlight firmware 0.0.0.16

So your getting events tagged “sound” even though that’s disabled? You sure it’s the same camera? Try clearing the app cache in account > app settings. Then check if sound is disabled again. Sometimes the app has trouble updating settings on your phone, so clearing the cache may refresh. Also try turning sound on and back off.

I cleared the cache and turned sound on off. Rebooted for good measure.

Guess we’ll see…

Thank you,

1 Like

Still getting sound events … Just going to swap it with a new one and see if they’ll replace. I sent log notes over a month ago and the chatted with support a few weeks ago. Still radio silent, so figure replacement best way to go.

Can ask for pan to be replaced as well, both versions I have of that died within two weeks…

Thank you for trying to help!