Wyze Cam v3 Beta, 2.33 App RC test 7/14/2022

I moved your post and all replies from the beta v2 topic to this beta v3 firmware topic.

Please check your v3 cam: Settings > Event Recording > Smart Detection. If you have Barking, Meowing and/or Crying toggled on, the AI detection is independent of any other sound settings.

What do you see as an AI tag for the events in question on the Events tab page?

I believe there is a bug in either the app and/or firmware. If you toggle on any AI type associated to sound, events that don’t satisfy sound AI types get tagged a generic “Sound” even though generic sound detection toggle is Off:

You can always flash your v3 cam(s) back to 4.36.9.139 if the new AI detection is a problem.

3 Likes

I’ve had all AI detection off for weeks, no impact. Tried turning it on with and without sound, no change.

Looking in more detail, it’s not repeating at cool down, but anytime there’s actual sound.

I’ve even turned off all notifications and set detection to 1 on sensitivity.

I’ve done the long hold factory reset.

I’ll look into flashing, which I’m sure is way easier than when I’d do that to a phone… Issue is free time. Zero with newborn, toddler, house crap, and buried at work.

Thank you for trying, hopefully can make time to just swap it, then later try and fix.

Thank you

1 Like

Are you running Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite on your cam? Regardless, it looks like you’re encountering the same Sound tag bug.

Please keep in mind that the purpose of beta is to assist Wyze in uncovering and reporting bugs and usability issues before software and firmware enhancements are released to the general public. That means you will most likely encounter issues… some minor and some major. If you value stability or rely on that v3 cam for security, you may wish to reconsider loading future beta firmware versions.

2 Likes

I have both, but full cam plus is on that one due to main walkway.

I’ve sent the logs and details, so they can fix the bug if they wish. Could also just be a one off glitch that isn’t reproduced elsewhere…

1 Like

It’s definitely a bug. I have the same problem on all of my v3 cams running 4.36.10.2163 firmware.

1 Like

Hey wyze??? Come on now over a month and still no new beta firmware with fixes I hope for cam v3?..

I need my cameras fixed and need to remotely upgrade them…

There are lots of updates coming, just keep checking if your cam prompts you for updates.

1 Like

Here you go! It’s finally here:

Might want to consider unenrolling from Beta after this though…beta firmware is much more likely to require extra efforts like flashing the firmware back to a stable version, or working through bugs for a while…and this can be frustrating to users when firmware flashing is not a viable option.

I’m glad the new update is here for anyone still waiting for it though! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Agreed, it’s beta for a reason, we are signing up to test, find issues and report back. Don’t sign up devices you can’t afford to have issues on, like I did, lol. I left one camera on beta and will be testing on it for a bit before deciding if I want to upgrade the rest.

4 Likes

Unfortunately with newest beta firmware, wyze still has work to do after taking a month not to fix things…

Recorded videos plaYed back from events in app from wYzE server cloud are all pixelated and blurrY with any movement from anY object in frame.

Example kid coming up to front door with new BeTa firmware, plaY it back from recent events from cloud saved clip, kid walks to door and awaY and whole frame just big blocky pixelated blurrY video.

Before these recent betas on old stable firmware during day video of moving Objects in frame of camera sensor did not make it all big pixelated squares Being blurry…

So I guess we wait another month for wyze to try and fix it…

1 Like

Yeah same on my tester camera, playback is a pixelated mess. Other cams on 4.36.9.139 are working fine.

1 Like

Wyze just released updated Beta FW, I would load that and see if it corrects your issue. I am currently testing it and so far it is looking good.

That is the one I’m now using as I referred to it in my other recent post…

2 Likes

My Apologies. I will need to look closer in the image as I did not see anything standing out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.