Wyze Cam v3 Beta, 2.33 App RC test 7/14/2022

Trust me, I understand. Been beta testing for sometime now as well. I find it interesting that my issue is not A severe. I like to try and figure these things out and see what is up with it. Hence, we beta test.

I also have extra V3s and start by updating the non critical or extra first.

1 Like

Wonder if the update is doing something which is bogging down your router.

All of my other cam types and v3 cams that aren’t loaded with 4.36.10.2163 are running fine.

3 Likes

@jentsang ,

I am working with a member in Discord, @Rulwiz , pertaining to an odd issue, which I also have experienced in the past. Here is what is happening:

When you go to the event tab and show a camera, you will see a video of a vehicle or other AI events. However, when you add a filter fo rthe AI event, like a car, the video disappears or the number of events reduce eliminating some of the AI you asked for. Here is a video of what they are experiencing:

and here is the submitted log for review:

5 Likes

I have the same issues. Pixelated videos, others with skipped frames, some with just an image, cloud recording shows X number of seconds recorded but playing back will only play 2-3 seconds. Similar issues on SD card, video skips multiple seconds at a time or freezes then picks up at the end. I’ve been running beta for years and never had so many issues with a release.

I’ll have to roll the V3s back but they’re not all easily accessible to mess with SD cards. Guess that’s on me for running beta.

Any updates on new firmware to correct this before I start trying roll back?

1 Like

UPDATE: I attempted to put 2 of my bricked v3 cameras into setup mode, neither would. I attempted to flash both back to the last non-bata version again neither would respond. Both cameras will flash the red led when attempting to flash or put into setup but remain with solid red led. I am not sure how to fix my cameras if they are not responding. Any ideas hiw i can get these cameras back working?

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please PM me the MAC of these two bricked devices and we will send replacements for you.

3 Likes

We are currently working on solving the solid red light issue and event freezing issue on the 10.2163 firmware. For the choppy live view, event, and SD card recording issue, we are also working on it and we also want to request more log and videos from you. It will be very helpful if you can PM me a log and screen recording of the choppy live view, event, and SD card recording issue after you reproduce it. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

@WyzeBaohua did my supplied logs ever become of any use? Oddly enough, I still have a few v3’s that have survived so far. Not sure what makes them different, just as others have experienced 0 issues with the pulled beta release.

I rolled three back to 4.36.9.139 and they appear to be back to normal. I have two more that are still on beta and are almost unusable, rolling those back today. Cameras are not all easily accessible so I shouldn’t have had them on beta. Never had such a big problem with any other beta though, this one appears to be the worst I’ve come across, to me at least.

2 Likes

Looks like we got stuck in the same situation, @DM1. The ones that failed on me are in some of the “worst spots” in terms of accessibility. Granted, I know that we acknowledge the risks being BETA and I eat up that responsibility in not being more diligent about applying updates the moment they appear without thought as to the potential negative effects. I would agree with that the bug has been one of the more severe ones where I couldn’t “live through it” and needed to revert to a prior stable. I do enjoy being on the bleeding edge and an opportunity to help the testing community, so while it doesn’t deter me from continuing to apply updates to my cameras before they go into production, I’m be much more choosey about which ones as if anything’s going to fail, I’d rather it be on cameras I can reach and aren’t covering mission-critical areas of my house. 4.36.9.139 has indeed been a saver, although I’ve noted a few people aren’t as lucky as we are in terms of even having the option to rollback as their devices bricked all together. Phew.

We are working on investigating the log. The timestamp still has some issue but we will try to find the root cause. If you found this issue on other devices, could you please try to get more logs. Thank you very much for your help!

2 Likes

Should wyze not in house test beta firmware releases?

Cameras are Bricked from new beta firmware, and also bArely working if not bricked.

See it for yourself on own product in house, pixelated blocky low quality live feed video, recorded video to cloud and on sdcard simultaneously, also videos are choppy and skip seconds probably from frame and video quality drops, videos not uploading correctly to wyze cloud and they are shortened in time recorded for smaller clips.

I’m sure your engineers or firmware developers no what changes they made from previous versions to this messed up beta but it’s the worst ever.

In mean time, can we get a update from wyze cloud with a higher build version number that is stable like previous firmwares that we can remote update to or downgrade to without sd card method please?

1 Like

@wyzebaohua

Started downgrading the firmware in my V3 cameras tonight, but the first camera will not reconnect to my network now.

I have reset the camera
Made sure the router was just 2.4 ghz
Tried connecting to my guest network
Tried using a hotspot
Tried flashing with multiple sd cards

I don’t want to even started downgrading the others now.

What is the LED status of that camera? Please try to factory reset it again: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031484511-How-to-factory-reset-your-Wyze-Cam-v1-v2-v3-or-Pan-v1-v2#:~:text=With%20the%20Wyze%20Cam%20plugged,hold%20it%20for%2020%20seconds.
Thank you.

1 Like

I actually just now was able to connect it again. But only when I used a old Wyze app version. Lucky enough I had version 2.31.1 on a old iPad and was able to get it connect first time.

I had tried and tried resetting and even flashed the FW again but it would never connect using 2.33.0.

Another problem I’ve been having is all my colored bulbs in groups don’t turn off using the app with the On/Off button on the main Screen. It only turns off one bulb leaving all the others on. I’ve tested with 2 bulbs in a group and then with six bulbs and same problem.

It does work when you go into the group and use the on/off next to the brightness slider.

Again, using the old 2.31.1 Wyze app all the bulbs work in the groups as intended.

Is wyze going to do anything about broken beta firmware a lot of customers installed??? It’s been two weeks or more now…

Can I get 4 new cameras with old stable firmware installed???

1 Like

Have you tried manually flashing to an earlier version of the FW for your cameras?

No because I rather have something kind of work than not work at all but just because of that situation, I need fully working security cameras like before broken bEta firmware. And others have tried to go back and bricked cameras…

Sitting duck waiting on the wyZe team to fix mistakes and it’s been awhile now…

And all we got on a forum is one message that they think they know what’s wrong and maybe are working on it but didn’t help customers…