Wyze Cam v2 Wifi Signal Strength: not supported

“wyze cam v2 wifi signal strength: not supported”

After the latest upgrade, I also have this problem on 2 of 3 of my cameras while the 3rd one indicates the %.

I was led to check on this as the cameras have not been authenticating and even going offline from time to time after the last firmware update.

I have already rebooted and power cycled the 2 cameras but no resolution. Can someone shed some light on this problem?

2 Likes

where are you seeing this message pop up at?

1 Like

Within the Camera Settings > Device Info

1 Like

In order for the community, and Wyze, to assist you better, please always provide all of the following.

• Phone/tablet type and OS version on phone/tablet
  • Wyze app version (instructions here)
  • Firmware version installed on Wyze device ( Device settings (gear icon top-right) → Device Info → Installed firmware version)

This is needed because “latest” and “up to date” are subjective to when a post is added to the forum. (It is also important to distinguish whether an issue is actually with a beta version, as opposed to a public release.)

3 Likes

Noted with thanks!

• iPhone XR / iOS v13.3.1
  • Wyze App v2.8.20
  • Firmware v 4.9.5.98
1 Like

I thought I had seen that before in my cams, so I just did a quick check and sure enough:

I’ve had it a couple of times in other cams- this is the first one I checked. No problems with the operation of the cam though.
IOS 13.3.1
App V2.8.20.
Ipad/Iphone 7+

1 Like

Anyone find out how to resolve this issue?

This popped up relating to this thread but I haven’t seen any response or resolution mentioned yet.

I’ll reach out to the Forum @moderators to see if there is any update.

4 Likes

I just updated my topic.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, it’s good to know I’m not the only one out there experiencing this. Very helpful to share, greatly appreciate this.

2 Likes

Alright, we’re looking into this and think that there is a bug. Could you please send in a log through Account > Help & Feedback > Send a Log ?

When about to send the email, please add schen@wyze.com as a recipient. We want to get this sorted out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I’ve just emailed the logs for both of my cameras with this problem. Hope you guys fix the bug soon, thanks again!

Wyze Tickets 481145 & 481146

2 Likes

I just sent a log file to cover the Android version of this problem. Also added schen as a recipient.

Wyze Ticket 481158

2 Likes

Thank you both for the help! :smiley:

1 Like

New v2 firmware (4.9.5.111) pushed out 2 days ago resolves this issue (Android and iOS). I contacted support and updated/closed my ticket. :+1:

4 Likes

I performed the firmware update on all of my devices and can confirm that the problem has now been resolved! Many thanks!!!

4 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for the confirmations! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for the awesome support! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you see the signal strength on Wyze cam version 2 like you can with Outdoor camera? Advance setting does not have it? Thanks

1 Like