Wyze Cam Pan firmware 4.10.1.8 released to public!

It’s on 4.10.0.168.

OK, I will try manually flashing tonight and see if it works.

Tried Manually Flashing the firmware and it worked!!.

This is exciting to hear! But we’ll definitely work harder so that the users don’t have to manually flash their firmware in the future.

Just tried to setup my new Pan Cam. A little hickup trying to upgrade the firmware to 4.10.1.8 but afterwards it worked as described in the quickstart guide.

Then realized I was on the wrong network.

So had to Reset to factory & have NOT been able to connect to the cam to do anything beyond looking @ the settings & cam info.
Solid blue light on front. Android App 1.4.43
No live view nor recording happening. oocationally the app will be able to connect to the cam & I can control rotation but live viewing or playback is non existent.

Brand new out of the box, the cam cannot connect to the app to show me anything.

App keeps getting stuck trying to authenticate & @ the get video data steps 2 & 3.

Oddly – V2 cam still works fine on app.

Hi, I posted #210393 right when you posted 4.10.1.8 was released to public. I think my Cam Pan upgrading itself from 4.10.0.223 caused my purple screen issue. Is there a way I can backlevel down to prior version ? It worked okay with that version.

p.s. Are your upgrades done as a “push” or does the end user have to manually upgrade ? Seems the former is the case .

Thanks.

We didn’t anything related to IQ (Image Quality) between 4.10.0.223 and 4.10.1.8. My guess is due to other reason. Can you try to flip through Auto/On/Off a full circle for night vision and see if that changes? Sometimes the IR-Cut filter can be stuck physically and needs a little extra force to move it.

You can ‘revert’ to older version of firmware by https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-pan-firmware/ but it should be your last resort. Manual flash is more complicated than app operation.

We don’t ‘force’ firmware update for now. We prompt customers and let users choose the right time to update.

Were you able to re-setup your camera under the correct home network? I suggest you go through the ‘Add a device’ experience again and press the ‘Setup’ button at the bottom of the device (no need to do factory reset). If you can setup successfully, theoretically you should be fine using the camera. I suspect for some reason your Pan is still under the previous network.

BTW, v2 and Pan are separate so one can be working while the other one can have issues.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so this morning I went to turn on the camera again and my IOS app on an IPad was hung up again, meaning hitting the OFF button on the screen does nothing, So I deleted the app and reloaded from the cloud. Then I was able to start up the camera, and it looks like the “purple problem” has resolved itself (although some objects still have s slight purple cast to them). I might just backlevel the firmware to see what happens, and then upgrade again.

The app problem has occurred repeatedly.

Also , I know the camera updated itself some time yesterday morning to 4.10.1.8 since my manual upgrade attempt failed three times the day before.

UPDATE: Good News !! Tried the cycle quickly the “OFF, ON, AUTO” trick and that cleared up the Iris problem. Colors are back to normal. IOS app is still a little buggy. It has bounced me out a few times. Otherwise things are working pretty good, including the IR mode.

LikeWyze: I tried for 2 hours to reset ,factory reset, power reboot, uninstall and then reinstall the app; but none of it worked.

The app info shows the cam is on the right network.

And occasionally the app is able to connect to the pan cam after a a prolonged connection attempt. But alas the picture just freezes on the app .

Awesome! Glad to know it’s working.

I’d recommend you call our customer support at 1-844-999-3226. It seems like you might have a connectivity issue and we can better assist you over the phone. Our agents will create a support ticket for you.

Hi. Just an FYI. Your responses (the latest being #210919 above) to username258 are going to my email in error. I didn’t have connectivity problems.

Hi Li,

Wyze Support Ticket #77174

I am having similar issue with camera unable to connect and tried 3 to 4 times then comes up with error code 27. Most of the time I get that however I sometimes can log in and see the live stream. What does the light statuses means? I think mine have flashing blue light. Im on Firmware 4.10.1.8