Wyze Cam Pan firmware 4.10.1.8 released to public!

I would like to update and begin testing the latest/beta firmware and features. However, I would like to know if a process exists to restore or rollback to a previous firmware on the Cam Pan. I do not want to render my Cam Pan(s) useless if the latest firmware causes a connection issue. Previously I had updated the firmware on a different camera and it quit connecting and sending notifications over a Verizon router used at a remote location. I had to replace the camera with a model I did not update in order to get notifications working again.

You can do manual flash of your firmware to revert firmware. Here is the link:

v2: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v2-firmware/

Pan: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-pan-firmware/

Thank you! It appears my working cameras are currently on 4.10.0.168 firmware and the link provided indicates 4.10.0.222. Can you also include a link to 4.10.0.168 for the Cam Pan?

I don’t have 4.10.0.168 handy to post. Both 222 and 223 version are official released version. They have been used by tens of thousands of customers. They are better than build 168 and are stable. BTW, 4.10.1.8 was just released to public.

Turning off the IR LED’s is probably one of the most needed features. I would have thought that since these cameras don’t use heat signature for motion sensing, being able to turn off the IR LED’s would have been a feature from the start.

I just bought the wyze pan came with 4.10.0.68 and tried to upgrade it to 4.10.1.8 and I see the same problem.

I noticed the camera is restarting while the upgrade is in progress in the app.

I am not going to upgrade until this gets resolved.

Any update since July 13th?

I’ve been having the same issue intermittently. I will get the logs tonight and email them to you.

Exactly the same behavior with my PanCam. Was working fine last night and now I’m getting the error code 90.

Trying to reboot my wireless router now.

I don’t want to leave the unflattering last image of me in my underwear on the camera app too long…LOL.

UPDATE - working now after rebooting my wireless access point!

So, you have something to go on - wifi connection issues possibly with latest firmware!

UPDATE #2 - 1:05 PM EDT - I confirmed that I was still able to ping the camera (before I rebooted the wireless access point) when the app couldn’t connect AND now I can confirm that the camera was still recording and functional while I was unable to access it with the app.

So this looks like it could be an issue with the app connection to the camera.

I just installed my new Pan Cam last night, and updated to firmware V4.10.1.8. I’m not able to update alert settings. I get Operation Failed if trying to toggle any of the alerts, or change the time. I installed a V2 cam last week and it was on the old firmware (V4.9 something), it still works fine. Pan cam shows that Motion and Sound Detection are on, but I’m not getting motion notifications even though my other cam is sending them…and this is after I walked in front of it during the time frame it’s stuck on (12a-12p).
I’ve submitted a support ticket, but a response is days away. I’ve tried re-installing the app, deleting and adding the cam, rebooting, logging in and out, closing all background windows and changing power optimization settings on my phone, no bueno. Is it the update?

Hi,

Well It looks like my post reporting all my cameras not working disappeared when I edited it to report that they are now live streaming. Oh well. Maybe moved?

So it appears that it was a backend system problem and not any having to do with the camera requiring user action. In the future it would be nice for Wyze to differentiate this case and not have the user jump through some hoops for all their cameras when they know it’s a backend problem.

Thanks.

I’m sorry about your issue. Yes during the firmware upgrade process, the camera will reboot itself. By seeing the same problem, do you mean you’re also stuck at -90 when viewing the live stream? Or did the upgrade fail?

Are you using the iOS or Android app when accessing the live feed? If you’re still unable to see live stream, could you send me an app log through your phone?

Here are the instructions to send us your Wyze app log:

In the Wyze app, go to My Account -> Help & Feedback -> tap Feedback at the bottom of the page.
In the Details field, please enter a brief description of the issue you’re having. Make sure to leave the box checked next to ‘Log file will be sent to the R&D team to help investigate your issue’ option at the bottom of the form and tap Submit, but please fill in my email address instead. My address is ltan@wyzecam.com

I’m sorry about your issue! Could you let me know your ticket number so I can look into it? If the camera settings are not saved successfully and you get “Operation Failed” error, it’s very likely that your camera is not connected to the network. Are you able to check camera live feed? If not, what error code are you getting and what status light is on the camera? If you Pan camera is having a connection issue, could you power cycle the camera?

Hi Lou,

Much appreciated your advice. There’s still a lot to improve for Wyze and thank you for pointing this out for us! :slight_smile:

Hi Li,

Wyze Support Ticket #71970

Yes, I am able to check live feed, pan, auto-pan and I do get Sound Notifications through the Android App. I had to power cycle my pan cam this morning and did that. I get the Operation failed error, on both my pan cam and V2. My V2 would sometimes accept the setting change, even with the error popping up, but as of this morning it is not.

We have a known bug that if you enter camera setting immediately after opening up the live feed, you’ll get an “Operation failed” error when changing the settings. If you wait for the live feed fully connected and stable, you should be able to make changes in camera setting. This bug will be fixed in the next soon-to-be-released V1.4 Android app.

Thanks Li. I tested it out and apparently the magic wait time is 60 seconds or more of live feed before it works. After that, the settings I tried to set when getting the error actually showed up and I’m able to change them again. But when I waited less than 60 seconds (more than 30), my settings had gone back to default and I got the error. Same occurred with the V2.

So uh, how soon is "soon-to-be-released? :slight_smile:

I am seeing both issues.

To explain in detail, I clicked the upgrade notification and the app moves to upgrade in progress with a progress bar. While the progress is about ~80-90% the Camera restarts. Then, the progress reaches 100%, the app says upgrade failed. Then, when the app returns to “camera device” page, it shows -90 Error and connection problem.

After this, I have to re-setup the camera to get connected.

It should be released next week.

What firmware version are you currently on? Could you try manually flashing to the latest firmware?

The instructions are here:

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-pan-firmware/