Wyze Cam Outdoor - Not recording motion - Troubleshoot with WYZE

Mr. Dongsheng - don’t you think we tried that already? I receive the notifications, but like all the others, no events are recording. Your products and customer service have gone straight downhill this year.

Welcome to the forums! So for clarification, you DO get event notifications, but don’t see the events clips in the event tab? Do you have any filters enabled in the event tab?

Notifications are generated off of event clips. If you are getting notifications of such, then you must be getting the events also. I bet there are hidden due to enabled filters in your event tab.

Some of you are more fortunate than I, if your WOC camera stopped recording, since in 6 months or more, mine never started. Nada, zip, zilch, nichts.

All settings are accurate.

1 Like

second screenshot

Ok so you have allll the filters enabled. Can you answer this then please:

Try this for troubleshooting, clear allllll the filters, deselect everything then go to the event tab. Now post a screen shot of that please.

1 Like

OK, yes!!! OMG, that worked. How did you know this but the “tech gurus” at Wyze had no clue? Thanks so much! Hopefully this keeps working!!

Glad to help. :slight_smile:

Just from now on, no need to overthink or overcomplicate the filters. If you are going to set the filter to include every camera as you did here:

It’s best to not filter at all because there are different filter layers that I haven’t quiet figured out yet. Using the camera section of the filters is I’d say for if you wanted to filter out a days worth of all clips, and only show from one camera.

Don’t use the filter function to show all, use the filtering to show a smaller subset or a only a portion of all clips.

ok cool - thanks!

1 Like

I just started to get this no events records message, It’s the first time I’ve seen it, and I do have events records. I’m wondering if this is a glitch?

I feel like the outdoor cams keep getting worse. I get more completely dark video recording alerts than not now. This is with all four of my WCOs. They are lit up at night for a split second at the beginning and then shut off the IR so you see absolutely nothing the rest of the recording. Detection is still completely terrible. We had five people in our yard for about a half hour and I got two motion triggers total. Absolutely terrible near useless detection capabilities. I even upgraded to the CAM Plus unlimited hoping it would be a bit better without the timeout/cooldown and it is still completely terrible. Unless someone is dancing directly in front of the camera within five feet of it, the event basically didn’t happen. I hope Wyze is still working on trying to fix or improve on these. Honestly considering going with a different brand at this point for my wireless cams.

1 Like

But they’re great at recording the bugs walking over the lens. Don’t wanna miss them!

Lol so true. Most of my events are bugs walking over the camera. Never misses those :joy:

Hello My v1 outdoor cam detects motion and sends a notification only when live streaming which seems opposite to the video. Once it goes into idle mode it shows online in the app but will not detect motion. Blue status light goes off and stays off if you wave a hand in front. Once you wake it by live streaming from the app the blue light comes on and it detects and notifies . A second outdoor cam I have works fine and this broken one used to work fine. Any ideas? Its about 1.5 years old