We’ve seen many users are having issues with motion trigger and event videos on the WCO. We made a quick tutorial video that can help with quick troubleshooting. Click here to watch -
A few things to also note that was not included in the video -
- In the video, we did not dial the PIR distance to “FAR”. You can dial it to “FAR” to test.
- If you mount the camera under the ceiling, you can choose either “upside up by using the top magnet” or “upside down by using the bottom magnet”. The 2 methods have different PIR angles, which can result in very different detection areas. ( you can visualize it in Wyze App camera settings -> detection settings -> The green area ). For normal use, we suggest starting with “upside up” by attached the top fo the camera to the magnetic base.
- PIR is very different from V2’s pixel comparison. It detects infrared from objects, so it works UP to around 20 feet. It is more sensitive when objects move across , vs toward the camera.
- Do not live stream when testing. ( especially 3rd party apps, such as Alexa, Google, Tinycam) Exit Live stream when testing PIR triggers.
- Do NOT put WCO behind windows, PIR does not work well behind glasses.
If you run into issues, pls post here, and we’ll be here to help.