Wyze Band Available For Early Access!

I’m excited for the Band. I wish it told you flights of stairs climbed each day but so far only Fitbit seems to be able to do this. Otherwise, I am glad to just be able to have a watch that lasts several days without recharging. I love my Android LG watch but it can’t go more than 18 hours most days with the screen on all the time and the Fitbit sucks as a watch but does track fitness and exercise better. Because of that, I end up wearing both. I am hoping that the Band will replace them both. The ability to see my camera is a bonus.

1 Like

There is no speaker on the band, so no.

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow you about “Alexa Auto.”
In my car, I have the Roav Viva Pro plugged into my DC, which as far as I know is a third party equivalent to the Echo Auto.
I use DropIn by voice command all the time. Whenever I’m in the car and I want to talk to my gf, I just say: “Alexa, Drop in on the living room.” Then Alexa says something like: “OK, I’m dropping in…etc etc” and then I say "Honey, can you hear me? And She says “Loud and Clear.”
It works much better than a phone call through my cell provider. I know the drop-in is being placed through my phone, but my cell phone never leaves my pocket. I hear her through my car’s speakers.
I don’t know how Wyze is putting Alexa on the Band, but if it is equivalent to the Alexa app on my cell phone, I would hope that it would work.

Well only some Fitbits (Versa) allow you to accept or reject calls. I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and you can only see when someone is calling too. I think this wyze band is competing with Fitbit Charge 3 and Inspire if you look at the features… Not the Versa line. The wyze band does have a benefit of alexa which I don’t think I would use on a tracker. However, to get Alexa on Fitbit you would have to get the Versa 2 which retails for $200.

I would love to get one of these wrist bands but they are for men. I have a small wrist and this looks like it would be huge on me.

2 Likes

Measure your wrist it will fit down to a size 6.1 inch I believe

6 inch wrist. Are there specs on this? If the head is too big, it won’t work on many females.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen. I didn’t see the strap size anywhere on the website. It might be something that you might want to add so that people don’t keep asking the question. And I looked under support for the band and didn’t see the strap size. If I missed it I apologize

It’s not just the band size. If the head or watch part is too big, it will not fit many females. I have a 6 inch wrist and that is looking like I’m too small for the band so I bet that the head is as wide as my wrist and will hang over making it impossible to wear.

The strap size is located on the page linked below under specifications → physical… I am also going to move these posts over to the band thread to keep this one on the scale.

https://wyze.com/wyzeband.html

4 Likes

The band also comes with a buckle on type band as well. Logan showed it during the AMA video. It should fit a smaller wrist too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great catch I passed right over that. Although I do think they should put it in the description somewhere but at least it’s there on the page if someone digs for it and I find it like you did. Good job I could because I completely missed it and I thought I went over everything. Regarding size what does @UserCustomerGwen Think about how this would work for women? I’m sure some of the women at Wyze wore it so what do they think is it just for men? I can’t believe that Wyze did not think of women when they made this.

Still looking for an answer on whether this integrates with the calendar on my phone (or do I have to enter appointments/reminders in the Wyze Band app)?

1 Like

Oh, thank you for explaining that. If no speaker, could you please elaborate on exactly what Alexa can do on the band? Is it the same or different than the Alexa app on Android?
I think I read that it accepts voice commands to Alexa? Is that correct or are they only given by touch? How does Alexa acknowledge the command?
Anyway, I’m glad I pre-ordered and am excited to get it. A Wyze purchase is a wise purchase! LOL! Something new to experience.

I have not tested the band myself so I don’t have many answers. I do know that it does have a microphone. You may find the answers you seek here:

2 Likes

I don’t know the answer but I know they said you could pull outs up on the band so I would think maybe you could pull the calendar app up? We haven’t really been giving a lot of exact details so I don’t know. I would like to know can we live stream our cameras on it? Has that been answered

When can Canadians order the band?

That has been answered, I will have to find the actual post, but it was over on Facebook. I have also verified with WYZE and you will not be able to view live feeds on the band.

1 Like

On the AMA video, Arthur said that you can ask Alexa to set a timer. Not sure if you can see it count down or not though… Did you see them say they do not have a timer? A built-in timer would be nice instead of using Alexa though.

1 Like

Does the wyze band in fact allow you to view live camera feeds? Obviously no sound but can you view? Thanks

1 Like