Wyze Band Available For Early Access!

That’s what I have been wanting to know

1 Like

All the features of the Wyze band are listed on the page and video referenced by the original post in this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awsome smart home detection.

I’m almost in the same boat! The Wyze Band is only the second electronics I have ever pre-ordered a first edition of. The first and only other time was when I pre- ordered and purchased the first ed. Macintosh from Apple in March of 1984 after their SuperBowl commercial!
May that be a good omen both for we consumers and for Wyze!

1 Like

I totally agree. Love my Wyze cams, and the sensors. Was there really a huge demand for a scale? I mean, why not put all that effort into the outdoor cam, or other sensors or cams. The band, ok, it serves a purpose. I have a Miband, I doubt I would switch it for the Wyze band though. I really wonder what the incentive was, especially for the scale.

@Wyze band. Will it be different color bands we can buy?

1 Like

Hi, @CDballs! Currently the smart band is only available in black but different colors will be an option later. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

WyzeGwendolyn, I would be pleased to support your wyze Band release, however. the critical use case I see for my family is using it as a dedicated presence sensor. Unfortunately. neither Google nor Amazon do any presence sensors that work consistently. The best available would probably be a Samsung presence fob or the webCoRE implementation using your iPhone or Android with a SmartThings hub. I have also used Life360 App with some, but not reliable experience.
I have been testbedding an Arduino based dongle and a BLE sensor. My findings are that geofencing is unreliable, Wifi presence is unreliable, motion sensors for occupancy require extensive sensor units and are problematic.

A combination of NFC, WiFi/ZWave and BLE signals could provide a robust multi factor verification.

Given your foray into IOT security with your new lock system, getting automation triggers firing reliably becomes a possible personal security risk!

If tripped erroneously, access could be given to an unknown stranger. or a resident is stranded outside due to the inability to reliably fire a lock release upon sensing and verifying their presence.

I realize that you do not have the firmware deployed to the band that we are low pressure is triggering. I am assuming that if I were to pick your the band ahead of time, any firmware updates allowing that trigger would be field deplorable???

Apologies if this was answered already; didn’t see an answer in the first few dozen comments.

I love the idea of the Band, but have committed to Google Home and have zero interest in Alexa. Do you have any plans to add Google Home/Assistant integration? If not, is this at least a possibility?

3 Likes

Arthur said in the early access forum “Sorry about that. We just learned that there might be a tricky way to implement Google Assistant SDK in our current system and we are researching it :wink:

1 Like

I’m not convinced that Google rules, but I’m avoiding Alexa for no reason other than to keep my setup as simple as possible. Unfortunately, I can’t consider the Band unless/until Google Assistant works easily and reliably with it.

I can’t find anything in the forums yet to let me know if that’s a possibility, but as soon as I’m assured it is, I’m in!

1 Like

You have to be kidding right? Nothing as simple as Alexa and it is reliable. Works without failure. I have always been a big proponent of google until the last few months. Alexa changed all that period!

1 Like

Jaboj73 - I’m with you I’ve done both too. I haven’t had any problem with either system except, been ng into weird crap that doesn’t make it on Spotify, I just love my YouTube music. Amazon’s system is fantastic But they’re privacy policy sucks. Their voice recognition isn’t as good as Google’s but their newest hardware is right on par with them now.

For those of us that just made the switch to Google from another system and are also big fans of Wyze though… blow up Google’s help pages / forums!

I wouldn’t want to verbalize the setting of the timer. We have to do Evaluate testing; I currently set a 2-min timer on my versa per question. Typically about 15 times per class period. It would be very disruptive [to the students] and time consuming to ask Alexa to set the timer every time.

1 Like

Hopefully, they will have a setting for a simple timer or maybe add one with a firmware upgrade… However, why would you switch from a versa to the wyze band? I liked my versa a lot until the screen went blank one day one month after the warranty ended… And then all the could offer me was a small discount on a new purchase. I went back to my Fitbit charge 2 for now but that one has broken band issues. I’m a little disappointed in Fitbit at the moment.

1 Like

The versa often loses connection with my phone and does not display notifications. Battery life is barely 3 days. Eventually it will die, and I’ll be looking for a replacement band with Alexa built in. The versa was given to me by someone who couldn’t get the firmware installed. I couldn’t afford such an expensive watch, so when it dies I’ll be looking for something cheaper.

1 Like

I have every apple gadgets except the watch I never go crazy for and don’t even know why. Last smart watch I wore was the first Samsung gear since it was a pain always have to remind myself not just to charge my phone but a dang watch too that couldn’t hold charge for too long. Now Wyze is part of my gadgets but I’m not interested in the lock pad. I’m having a big feeling about this Wyze watch and believe if you don’t try to get this now later you will probably regretted it. That’s why I put my order the night without any doubt.

The Wyze band promo video shows a man looking at his aquarium and viewing it while pressing his band. https://youtu.be/SS0fZZvySv8?t=31 On closer examination he is actually viewing it on his phone. What is actually taking place there? Can it be viewed on the band or is it just being viewed on the phone?

2 Likes

Looks to me like the the dude interacted with the band to maybe acknowledge a notification, then in the phone he looked at a cloud event clip?

1 Like

Fair enough. Enjoy!