Why is Wyze selling New Outdoor Cam to retailers, while making Pre-Orders Wait til October?

https://forums.wyze.com/t/why-are-there-reviews-on-expansion-cams-and-im-told-they-wont-ship-till-oct/121779/4?u=stopicu33

I ordered mine directly from Wyze and got it a couple weeks ago.

With all the flooding going on in China, I’m not sure that I will see mine in October. Depends on how close they are to the Yangze river.

But that happens virtually all the time with respect to online orders. Your CC is charged before you have the item in your hands.

And if the online merchant uses FedEx SmartPost (as, unfortunately, Wyze does…), the worst shipping service on the planet, your CC is charged as much as a month before you have the item in your hands (took 28 days for me to get something small, 4oz, from Jacksonville to San Juan last month, via The Worst Shipping Service On The Planet; not a Wyze product, though).

So it may be semantics, but it’s not unprecedented. In fact, it’s very precedented, with online orders.

1 Like

Given their commitment to The Home Depot, my only criticism of Wyze would be, maybe they should’ve told pre-orderers that they may be able to get their product sooner, if their local Home Depot store has them in stock by Labor Day. But not guaranteed to have them in stock by Labor Day, because only some HD stores will have them.

So who among today’s cranky pre-orderers would’ve passed up the pre-order opportunity in deference to maybe getting their product at their local HD by Labor Day? I’m guessing probably none, or very very few.

Because if they declined to pre-order, and then their local HD didn’t have the product, now they’d be wayyyyy behind the 8-ball. And cranky. Like they are today.

1 Like

FYI: I just got a shipping notice that my two Outdoor Start Bundles I ordered in late July have shipped.

Most times, Amazon for example, my card isn’t charged until the item ships. A bit different than 2-3 months before it ships. The merchant also has stock. I’m not fronting the money for them to buy the stock.
I’m not complaining about WYZE doing this. It’s a bit concerning that they have to though.

1 Like

Dude what are you talking about? Do you know what pre-order means? Did you not read anything before buying? Wyze did nothing wrong on this front and I (as an average joe consumer) am offended that you would claim otherwise.

According to google the definition of pre order is as follows

“order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.“

Link

1 Like

Well, I guess I’m not going with my new idea now because I got an email today that said the camera has shipped, estimated delivery September 10th , well, we will see about that
I was thinking about canceling that order and just getting my daughter another Blink for her driveway area , that way she could get 20-30 second recordings instead of just 12 seconds at no extra cost, add on XT2’s are $64

1 Like

No need to be offended because I didn’t say WYZE did anything wrong. Also, how can you be offended by something I say that is totally unrelated to you? :slight_smile:
As I said, I’m not complaining.
When companies need the full price of the product they are selling up front it is a concern that they may not be as solvent as they should be. I want WYZE to stay around.
Pre-orders usually require enough money for the customer to not back out or at least enough so WYZE doesn’t go in the hole. They shouldn’t need the profit up front.

1 Like

Got my pre-order 2 weeks ago so I’m confused.

There were 2 separate pre order releases, one at the end of June, the other at the end of July

3 Likes

I’m checking through here to share feedback with the team. But I can speak to one point. We don’t save credit card information with hardware sales (our services are done with a platform designed for such things) so we can’t do the partial payments or delayed payments at this time.

2 Likes

Ok, I might have put that a little stronger than I should have. I Don’t want to side track this post much more, just saying that I didn’t like your choice of words.

1 Like

I got my pre-order about a month ago.

WTH! I just checked the Home depot near me. They have the outdoor camm in stock.

Estimated delivery date has changed today to Thursday
SEPTEMBER 17, that’s more believable

1 Like

My starter bundle order shows ETA of Sunday (9/13) on Fedex site,

Expansion cameras are still showing October.

I didn’t order any add on cameras

When I ordered my outdoor cam, I was promised an August delivery. I got it in mid August…about the time you apparently joined this forum.
Therefore you were NOT an early responder and you did not get access to the first round of deliveries. Nuf said.