Why is Wyze selling New Outdoor Cam to retailers, while making Pre-Orders Wait til October?

I have mine for a while. Works great.

I see that the HD offering only includes a SD card. Do the pre-orders also include the SD card? That’s the difference in price.

I don’t think so but will know today when my two starter bundles arrive.

When I got my pre order, it did not come with an SD card (direct from Wyze).

Just got notification that my WOC is supposedly shipping Monday.

Which is technically earlier than they stated, although I stand by my sentiment that preorders should have been fulfilled BEFORE orders to retailers.

Next; let’s see how the WCO actually performs.

Are you sure that Home Depot’s stock isn’t from the first preorder? :blush:

2 Likes

I did purchase some V2 two-packs from Amazon a couple weeks back and they appear to have been destined for HD at some point. They came with codes good for “12-month Complete Motion Capture”. Was this service being sold prior to CamPlus?

The code on redemption did state they were part of some HD promotion.

Yes it was.

They showed up about half hour ago. No additional SD cards (wasn’t expecting that)… firmware updates went fine.

These 32GB cards are working great in my cameras. … looks like I’m now at 19… two more outdoors in Oct and see where we are at.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P192KFQ

I got my pre order before they showed up at HD. Been using mine for over a month, almost 2 at this point.

1 Like

The complaint is from the people that made the second preorder for October delivery.

2 Likes

It would seem like that would be easy for them to clear up…

1 Like

Looks like my two Wyze Cam Outdoor Expansion Cameras just shipped

3 Likes

They showed up today. :+1:

Have any of you ever preordered a video game console? Pay in September receive in November? Is NO different here. About a 2 month wait time for me for the cams. Same as the vid game. 2 months. Not a loan. It’s a preorder. Think about it.

What upsets me is my cam and bundle were ordered same day. I received the cam. Just under 2 months. The bundle still hasn’t shipped. W no indication of it either. Cam is useless w out bundle.

1 Like

No, and I never understood why anyone would. Different strokes.

Welcome to the forum.

Sure, not a loan. In your case you just gave away money. :grinning: