Why is Wyze selling New Outdoor Cam to retailers, while making Pre-Orders Wait til October?

If I had known I could get an Outdoor Starter Bundle for my daughter September 16th at the Home Depot I would not have ordered one and waited till October to get it

1 Like

Are they sctually availsble at Home Depot?
If they are, go buy one and cancel your order.

3 Likes

I could have it shipped to my home for free

There ya go. HD has it and WYZE doesn’t. Now you know what to do. :slight_smile:

My Early Access starter kit was a final total of $63.95 when ordered from Wyze. It’s up to you if you either want or don’t want to wait until October in order to save a little bit of money.

1 Like

I received my “pre-order” two weeks ago and I didn’t have to walk around Home Depot where the #MaskHoles wander around breathing on everything to get it. I knew when to expect to get it when I ordered it.
When I buy something from Amazon it tells me when to expect it. They go ahead and charge my card. They don’t wait until it’s on my doorstep before collecting their money. It’s the way these things work. If it’s not coming Prime, then I expect it to take a few days longer, so I plan for it.
I’m happy with everything I’ve bought from Wyze so far, and think it’s an incredible deal and value compared to what other people are selling so if I have to wait a couple of days then it’s still worth it.

3 Likes

Whats weird is when you don’t choose their fast shipping option, Amazon holds your order until two days before you expect it and ship it overnight. :exploding_head:

1 Like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_restriction

Some Intel processors are sold with some features “locked”, that can later be unlocked after payment.[4][5]

Note that this is not unique to Intel. Some models of IBM’s System/370 mainframe computer had additional hardware included, that if the customer paid the additional charge, IBM would send out a service engineer to enable it, typically by cutting a resistor in the machine.

This gives you time to ask for a refund. It’s a horrible camera. Bad image non functional security features late triggers. Your better off with a w2, case, and large battery pack

1 Like

I already have a wyze outdoor camera I’m testing out .
Thank you so much for letting me know that it is up to me what I want to do $64/$69 is trivial :upside_down_face:, but , I have a better idea

1 Like

Well, I have a better idea

What, what, what, what? :grinning:

1 Like

That’s not weird at all. It’s called lag time and the orders go into a slower queue where they fill in the gaps when they are more up to date on the Prime orders. Prime gets first priority unless you are non-prime but select the (expensive!) next day delivery. Consider buying Prime as getting an early boarding pass. You still end up at the same place, it’s just getting out of the gate a bit faster and getting off the plane first.

2 Likes

Agreed - last time I pre-order a WYZE product. I will pay retail and get it much sooner.

1 Like

That’ll serve them right. :wink:

I got my pre order well before they showed up in Home Depot.

You received an outdoor cam that you pre-ordered?

Yes. I ordered the outdoor cam starter during the early access a couple of months ago. The pre order going now is the second run.

The outdoor extension camera add on is now in its first pre-order, and those are not available in stores. I am supposed to get mine in the next month or so.

3 Likes

I already received my outdoor cam. What is this about waiting until October??

I did see that after I made my original comment. I saw somewhere on here that this was prearranged agreement with Home Depot for a Labor Day sale.

3 Likes