That's it, I'm out. I can't take it any more

Troubleshoot your wi-fi connectivity. Put all the cameras in the room with the router and test reliability then. I’ll bet dimes to donuts that they will perform normally.

Good luck finding resolution.

Not sure about others having issues with the Wyze Cams, but I have 8, all outside, with memory cards for playback, I did buy a outdoor wifi antenna to provide enough bandwidth for all cams. Only drawback is they dont throw enough IR light to light up anything and I understand they are meant for indoor use. I can remedy this buy buying some IR lights fairly cheap which will light up the whole area. I have not had any problems with my cams. To buy 8 cams from any advertised name brands would have been a small fortune.

1 Like

My mesh network has ethernet backhual and ethernet over power. I really don’t think its my network. Also I had two set up in my room before, near each other, great signal & the only devices on the network and one was still messed up.

If you don’t have a good WiFi signal across the area, try using a mesh system like Google WiFi.

I would not immediately say it is your network, but I would take the time to actually rule it out if you haven’t. I know some say it isn’t but never really check. I had an issue with a cam that would not stay connected but signal said it was good. I swapped to a mesh system and my issue went away.

I did see that you do have a mesh system with 3 points which in theory should be good enough. Maybe try moving the access points a bit, or get them higher in the air. All I am saying is actually look at variables in your WiFi and rule out your system as the issue.

Delete,reset camera.
Too far from router? If that doesn’t work.send back…I’m sure they’ll replace them.
Forget Nest. Too expensive too much time lag,records even while off. No privacy

I think it’s funny when folks say that 8-10 devices are “too many” or that the network is “overloaded”. I have 31 various “devices” on my Eero network and there’s not ever a single glitch of any kind. I have a mixture of a bunch of Wyze devices, Ring doorbells and cameras, a Logitech camera, a really old FunLux PTZ camera and all sorts of Apple computers and devices.
With an Eero router, you can view the signal strength and bandwidth usage for each device. When looking through that stuff, you can see that all the cameras are basically doing absolutely nothing. They show as “idle”.

There’s no way for any of us to know why someone’s network doesn’t work without knowing all details and maybe actually going hands on with it.

Is there any technology - current, upcoming or proposed - that will overcome this necessity and automatically configure a router and all connected devices to operate as near to peak performance as possible within the wifi environment they’re placed?

Yes but you have one of the very few routers that can handle more than 20-35 devices

Use an ISP provided router & tell me if everything is still fine

It all comes down to hardware and the WiFi standards supported. The Eero mesh system uses 802.11ac with fallbacks back to N, G, B, and A. If you put 31 devices on the earlier standards, you will most likely have problems. Plus you’re using a Mesh Network which is specifically designed for a heavier volume of WiFi devices and uses a dedicated radio for “backhaul” services to the main router.

Someone using an inexpensive consumer router/wifi package on the 802.11n standard with a maximum bandwidth of 300 mbps is going to have a lot more problems than someone using 802.11ac with a top theoretical bandwidth in the gbps, multiple radios, beam-forming and dedicated device access. In a few years, our 802.11ac access points could have problems supporting the hundreds of 802.11ax (WiFi 6) devices that will be released after today.

In other words…

Does a magic bullet exist or is one coming?

And if one is anticipated, ia there an ETA?

While these questions were prompted by @MrMac 's comment, they’re intended for anyone who might know. :slight_smile:

magic bullet eta

I believe when technology advances to the point that we all have processors embedded into our brains which independently of any wifi, cellular or line line connection will communicate with one another seamlessly, as individual to individual or individual to group, The embedded device will also communicate seamlessly with any and all devices, past, present and future. :laughing:

Cold comfort, Mr. Watts. :ice_cube: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right. But, here’s how I look at this forum and others like it. Folks who have problems, issues, and questions are here looking for help in solving them. They may learn that their router simply won’t do what they need it to do. They should also find out that xxx brand/model router being is used by someone else works like a charm and would be the answer to their problems.
Everyone here has bought various devices that are wifi only devices. Some folks are trying to utilize them even for “security” and they expect them to work without glitches. Some folks even get aggravated at the company and blame them for their issues with the network.

The old wifi technology has been replaced with mesh network technology. If someone can’t get a whole bunch of wifi devices to work with their old router then the way to fix that is to upgrade he router.

1 Like

And this is why things like WiFi congestion and having too many devices for the router to handle are brought up. Even your neighbor’s equipment can affect your network performance. The person may need new equipment (router, access points, extender, switch to a mesh system, switch some devices to ethernet, etc…). They may need to adjust settings on their existing equipment. Problems can’t really be solved without all the information.

Is good:

1 Like

If you have an android phone you can use an app called “WIFI Analyzer” and check the 2.4 Wifi range while you stand next to your camera with a problem.

You may find that a neighbors Wifi is stronger than yours and on the same channel.

I have to manually adjust me Wifi routers to use different channels based on what college students setup in the houses near me.

Only for Andriod ( iPhones cannot do this)
Appname: WIFI Analyzer
Author: Kevin Yuan

• I have version 3.11.2

David

1 Like

Just FYI, iOS can do the same thing. Not that specific program perhaps but there are plenty of free network and WiFi analyzers in the AppStore.

1 Like

Also if you have a Mac, just hold down the option key while clicking the wifi icon in the menubar. Will give you all the stats including channel selected, channel noise, TX rate and Received signal strength.

2 Likes