I’ve had Wyze cams for a while now and I’ve continually had issues (connectivity, general usage). I want to love these SO much, I mean they’re $20!! But they never work for me. Never.
Connectivity is my biggest problems and a camera’s usefulness is zero if it can’t connect. I’ve had suggestions like, “Setup specific IPs for each cam!” No, I won’t do that. Honestly, I shouldn’t have to do that. They should just work.
Some problems have I had:
- Camera’s randomly not working on load. Kill the app, reload and the cam now works.
- The thumbnail works but when I go to the full view, auth never completes (auth for the thumbnail does complete)
- If I do get to the full view, it’ll be good for about 30 seconds and then die on me with the “network is not stable” message. Testing the network at that location (and all others) show that it’s fast and stable.
- When I do get a feed, the quality can low with jittering (3-5 second gaps in the stream)
- Auth is inordinately long
So that’s it, I’m throwing in the towel and going to Nest b/c I know they’ll work. I’ll certainly have fewer cams, but at least I know when I go to view them, I’ll see video…
Don’t pounce on me as a hater, I’m not. Again, I want to love my seven Wyze cams! But I also want them to work, and they don’t.