Suggestions

It would be great to have the ability to upgrade all camera firmware at one time, or to have it happen in the background without any interaction. I have 7 cameras and just purchased 3 more and it’s very time consuming up update so many, especially as a beta tester and see the frequency you have been rolling out updates.

Second, it would be another great feature to have a preview of what the camera is currently seeing when looking at your list of cameras, rather than a still image from the last time you opened that camera.

Third, allow the option to swipe open a notification in the notification tray on Android to preview a still image of what the camera may have captured.

Fourth, Allow the app when rotated to landscape to flip the camera image to fill the whole screen. In addition, when the phone if in landscape, have a “slider” that is visible over top of the image only when you’re touching the screen to drag through payback.

Update the timestamp to a 12H format with AM/PM
Just a list of all of the small complaints I have. Love these cameras for the price, and look forward to all of the features you’ll be adding as time goes on!</p>

1 Like

I second #1-#5 (don’t really care about the time format).

For #4, the entire interface should rotate to landscape when you rotate the device, not just when you’re viewing a video (like all modern phone/tablet apps).

Adding on…

the notifications page should indicate if there was a notification on a day. Maybe make the date bold or something. Or change the page to show a running list, separated with a date line identifier.

As it is it’s a pain to have to go day by day by day to find which days have notifications.

The first part of your #4 is already available in the Beta

Fourth, Allow the app when rotated to landscape to flip the camera image to fill the whole screen.

I second #2!

Appreciate all the feedback, will make sure the team takes a look at it!

<span style=“color: #000000; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;”>Adding on…</span>

it would be nice to be able to delete notifications without having to open them up first!!!

allow selection on the listing page and a delete button to delete them

Edit button, upper left corner, main Notifications tab

<span style=“color: #000000; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;”>Edit button, upper left corner, main Notifications tab</span>

oooohhhhhhh so that is what that button is for…

(embarrassed)

Thanks!!

Could we get a toggle option (specific to each user a camera is shared with, not just per camera) to Allow Delete of video when a camera is shared? For example I want my husband to be able to delete unnecessary alerts like I can but don’t want my son to be able to delete evidence of rule breaking, but I do want both to be able to check the camera as needed.

Can we get the ability to setup a targeted area of the frame, per camera, and limit motion detection to just inside that area? It would allow certain irrelevant objects (like trees or planters affected by wind or a tvscreen in the frame) to be ignored and by decreasing the size of the comparison area maybe it would help decrease unhelpful notifications.

Also, it would be great if the sensitivity options were a slider bar so that the user could fine tune the sensitivity to their specific situation.

On the Android App, can you have the days highlighted that recordings exist in the View Playback section? After clicking on the calendar, none of the days are highlighted where recordings exist. How would I know how far back my recordings go?

2 Likes

I would like the ability to pull video off the SD card without a) accessing the camera or pulling out the SD card b) going through playback/record, saving to the album, and then sharing. I shouldn’t have to access the wyzecam camera to do this and going through playback with record is very slow. Please consider allowing us to select a video segment from already recorded SD card and sharing it immediately. If there is already a way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Facial recognition would be nice… but before that you should add recognition to know if it is a human or an animal or just something falling off a desk…

Definitely need to be able to preview what the cameras are currently seeing when you are looking at your devices.

Also definitely need to be able to put your camera feed in picture in picture mode like Google maps does.

Finally and most importantly, definitely definitely need a Web version of the app for PC monitoring without the use of blue stacks.

1 Like

If you search the #Roadmap category, you can find items like you mentioned to VOTE (top left corner) on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display video duration when setting up time lapse

I moved this to a new #roadmap topic as it’s a great idea that was not previously in #roadmap. Please hop over there and vote for it by clicking the VOTE button at the top.

Apologies if this has been suggested, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.

I wanted to propose adding an (optional) physical shutter to Wyze Cam. Given potential security issues (let’s face it, “complete” security doesn’t exist. If someone wants to break into something, they will), I think that a physical shutter (though it could potentially break), may be appealing for people who would like to e.g. “Not move the camera to look at the wall every time they get back home”.

I would definitely pay more to get this, and it may make sense to at least have the choice between one that’s with, and one that’s without.

Now, I’m proposing this even given the fact that I use both IFTTT and Life360 to de/activate the camera whenever I don’t want it to record stuff… but this obviously doesn’t mean the camera can’t be broken into.

To make it clear, I would completely understand providing zero guarantee for shutter issues. It’s 2020, and physical shutters shouldn’t exist. Thing is… that Wyze Cams are so cheap (money-wise :slight_smile:), that I’m willing to take any necessary risk of having to buy a new one.

WDYT?

I would like it if there was a desktop app for iMac. Also, mabey for your next product, a smart smoke & CO alarm! (It should have a voice too)

Please please make it send I notification to your phone if a wyze cam is unplugged and a way to lock the cable into the camera