Improve information displayed when setting up or returning to a time lapse

It would be great if the timelapse setup page told you the final duration of the timelapse based on the interval. Most of the time I want for example, a 15 sec 30 fps timelapse, and have to calculate the interval by hand.

I love this idea. It should be pretty easy to implement since it’s just simple math. But it would save a bunch of conversion and number crunching by hand when trying to target a final video duration.

Please make sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

1 Like

It would also be nice to see exactly what is scheduled instead of just the start time of a scheduled event. Would that be a different #roadmap or can that be an addendum?

Not sure I understand. I see both start and end times when setting up a time lapse and I see the end time when it’s running.

If you set up a scheduled time-lapse and then go back to the time-lapse screen, it only shows the start time and not the end time or interval. IOW, you can’t verify how it is scheduled. You can cancel it and reschedule if you are unsure.

Ah, I see. For a running one you see only the end time. For a scheduled one you see only the start time. Would be best if all four parameters (start, end, interval, final duration) were displayed always.

This can be part of this topic. I’ll adjust the title to make it work.

1 Like

Yeah, I ran into this when I did the Eclipse time-lapse. I couldn’t remember if I set it to an interval of 12 or 24 (a 30 sec video or a 60 sec video) and when I went to check it was not helpful. It didn’t kill me to redo it, but we’re just asking to display info here.

1 Like

Since the interval and final duration are dependent on one another, another idea could be to choose the output video duration and have the interval calculated and displayed.

1 Like

I like it! Choose one and the other is calculated.

True, but that would require rebuilding the screen where simply displaying the duration gets you the same thing. For some, the duration may not be that important, where interval is. Depends on why you’re doing the time lapse to begin with. Length of the video is also dependent on start and stop times too.

IOW, displaying info is mostly cosmetic and may get implemented easily.

1 Like

When the the user configurating the time lapse (i.e., start time, end time, interval), please display an estimated file size.

The information is helpful to avoid an excessively large file that is difficult to download (which is a separate issue).

On the Wyze cam V3 the time lapse setup is completely different than the other wyze cameras. When you go to setup a new time lapse recording with the v3, the app does NOT show the Length of the video, so I have to use 3rd party apps to try to figure out what interval to use which is clunky and seems like we’re going backwards. With all other wyze cam models it shows me how long my time lapse video will be as part of the time lapse setup process.
Can you please add the video length into the app for the v3?

Welcome to the community! I only see the option to see the length of the video for a timelapse created on the wyze cam outdoor (WCO). So the other cameras (V1, V2, pan) have the same timelapse set-up as the V3.

I agree it would be nice to make the timelapse set-up look like the WCO though.

1 Like

When creating a time lapse and selecting the start time, end time, and interval, show an estimate of the resulting video length and file size.

There have been times where I’ve created a time lapse which ended up being way longer than I’ve wanted because I chose too low of an interval and/or too long of a duration. Likewise, there have been times when a time lapse was too short because I chose too high of an interval and/or too short of a duration.

At the very least it would help to know what the resulting video’s frame rate and bit rate would be so I could do some basic math and try to figure out what the duration and file size would be.

Add Time Lapse Runtime and size calculations

On the screen to set up a time lapse, please calculate and show the expected run time and file size while choosing the settings.