Sensor hub volume has decreased considerably after latest update

This was one of the responses I got yesterday, sounds like its useless to manage until the next app update? So I guess I’ll just hang tight to see if the next app update fixes it.

Thank you for hanging in there and I hope all is well. This is Sonny from the Services Team and I see that you’re getting an error message for your monitoring system in the app. My sincerest apologies that you are experiencing these issues and I truly appreciate your efforts and patience in trying to resolve this. Let me take over and assist you with this.

Since you have sent us log # already, this will greatly help our engineering team to resolve the issue as they work to better improve our products and the Wyze app. This will be fixed on the next app version, so stay tuned for that. To get updates related to this, you can sign up for our newsletter at Wyze.com or follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc).

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

** This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.*
** This request will not be re-opened later.*
** Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions.*

Confirmed with Wyze that We just need to wait for the next update to see if that fixes the issue with the white screen of death in the app. Or at least I have received 2 emails with that response.

Just curious, has Wyze made any offer to refund some portion of the monthly/annual HMS fee for the time this isn’t working? Seems to me we’re all paying to be guinea pigs and test the system.

1 Like

Yes they have mentioned to me, they would update subscription for lost time. I think they mentioned it to others who had the issue as well. The white screen of death is more of an issue for me, than the volume being stuck on medium.

1 Like

I have been having this issue since two firmware updates ago. I am on the latest beta firmware and latest iOS app and still the issue persists. I had my alarm go off this morning and didn’t realize until 20 minutes later when I went and looked at my phone and saw the notifications and missed calls. Less than ideal. I have been given a new hub and as soon as that one went to the next firmware load, the issue came back.

I have been told by an agent that the latest non-beta release has fixed this issue, so my question is how do I get my sense hub off of beta and back to normal firmware? I have been experiencing this issue for 2 months now which is far too long. A firmware release that makes the alarm effectively useless should never make it out of the Wyze test floor.

I need help fixing this ASAP so I don’t end up with police unknowingly dispatched to my house again. Turns out the alarm on the phone to indicate a trigger alarm is also very underwhelming.

1 Like

Welcome to the party. There is no fix yet, We will need to wait for next firmware or app update.

Yep, welcome to the party, SPort. Ridiculous that we’re all still in this predicament.

Imagine an alarm system so low in volume that it can ring for 20 minutes and you not hear it.

1 Like

I’ve been a Wyze customer since the beginning (almost) and this lack of alarm volume issue is embarrassing! After my initial install, I called support to try to determine the issue and was told that an update would be released “very soon” and it would resolve the problem. Not! I for one am tired of speaking with: Global" support personnel that not only lack the relevant training to assist me, I am having explain over and over again a very frustrating situation while competing with crowing roosters and clucking chickens that are so loud they sound like they are on the call too.
The last time I called, the support person told me that she would send me a replacement hub and that after I completely reinstalled/paired ALL of my sensors my volume issue would be resolved. Sounds terrific, however, I have quite a few sensors, so I wanted to find a way to test the new hub BEFORE losing another day of my life reinstalling everything. Evidently there is no way to test the Alarm function on a “Second” hub without deleting everything first. Grrr. I feel that I have paid Wyze for the privilege of being a beta tester. I am not happy. That being said; I decided to ask that as a temporary fix Wyze send a Wyze Plug so I could make my own Siren. Tech immediately agreed! (I was losing faith that Wyze cared about its consumers at all. Their agreement to send me the plug has restored my faith a little.) All I would then have to do was get the actual siren and power supply (<$20)! While my fix will definitely not be elegant, at least if the alarm does go off…It will be heard loud and clear. Perhaps, if enough of us ask for plugs Wyze will realize the severity of this issue and how urgently it needs to be resolved?
Oh and to add to the data collection: Firmware 4.32.6.142

2 Likes

So if I’m guessing correctly, you programmed the hub to turn on the smart plug when the alarm is triggered? Thus turning on the siren that you have connected to the Wyze smart plug?

You won’t be able to do that…need to create a rule that says if the sensor opens, turn on the plug. Need to do one rule for each sensor you want to trigger the plug. The you also have to set it up so that you can “arm” and “disarm” the rule.

Im currently still waiting on the plug but I am planning on setting the plug to activate when a motion sensor is activated. I have too many door window sensors to be able to only select 1. It is not a perfect solution but at least it is a start…

Wyze has until April to get the volume back up to normal. My subscription expires in April - There is NO WAY I am going to renew a home security system with volume I cannot hear unless I am in the same room as the hub… no way…

1 Like

No company should be given that many additional months to fix something they broke during a firmware upgrade.

A fix needs to happen as soon as possible. I ask everyone who is reading this to continue to pressure the company for this fix however you can. Twitter, a public or direct message to a Wyze team member. Mention your ticket number to these people. You can also get in touch with some of the founders of Wyze via twitter.

Safe to say I haven’t bought an additional Wyze product since this crap happened.

I couldn’t agree with you more! Much larger companies than Wyze have been ruined for much less. I hope Wyze will not become a victim to that fate but if they do it will be their own fault.

I have only spent a little over $1,000 in Wyze stuff so I guess I’m not too invested. But I had to pause recommending the home monitoring while it gets sorted out. between the volume and white screen of death, it’s a little unusable.

2 Likes

Motion wouldn’t work for me…people and cats moving around the house all day and night.

I guess the old adage holds true with this particular low volume, company induced issue…You Get What You Pay For.

I can’t imagine other reputable home security companies like slomans shield or ADT… or even other comparable companies to Wyze like Ring, Eufy or SimpliSafe, drop the ball the way Wyze has with this one.

It’s incredible for all the wrong reasons.

Everyone please continue to raise awareness of our issue to Wyze and elsewhere where the issue can get exposure. Reddit, twitter, mention the staff to this page or something.

Can’t wait to show my guests on thanksgiving how loud my siren is. Ridiculous.

1 Like

I really like how if your leak detectors go off, there is no way to connect to the hub to react - period.
Low volume? Medium volume?
HAH!

So glad my outdoor cam can alert the squirrels & birds if my basement is flooding, & the deer that the guest bathroom toilet is overflowing.

“But I got wyze super secret silent flood detectors”

I don’t think the leak detectors are designed to alert the home monitoring dispatch, but instead just send an alert notification on your phone.

The Alarm only goes off if the door sensors or the motion sensor is triggered. Although triggering the alarm in the house that says water vs a burglar, would be a nice feature to add in the future. (after the volume and white screen of death is fixed)

1 Like

With 17 windows on the 1st floor w no glass break sensors, and 3 exterior doors, I didn’t get the hub for “security” knowing how crappy the cams & detection are.
No faith in wyze as a security service, no how no way.

I use the hub for nothing more than to turn on lights in closets when I open some closet doors or the lights on as I enter certain rooms, basement, shed or garage.

Seems completely silly you can make the siren on the outdoor cams trigger from the leak sensor, but not the hub the sensors connect to, dont ya think?
If the leak happens in the middle of the night, who is going to see the phone notification until the next day?
Not me, my phone goes to silent mode @ 9pm, and not off it til 8am the next morning.

So 6-8 hours of flooding in the meanwhile - having ducks would do a better job.

1 Like