Sensor hub volume has decreased considerably after latest update

For those of you who got a replacement, make sure to inform support of your ticket number and that your replacement didn’t fix the issue so they can report it to the Devs that they haven’t fixed the issue yet and need to continue looking at the firmware changes.

Yes thank you for this reminder.

not sure if this is related to replacing my hub and re-setting up everything:

• this morning could not access the monitoring tab said (unable to load monitoring settings) re-set up some settings and got it to work.

• now later this evening it is giving the same error message, but won’t let me progress.

• issue happening on multiple phones.

Yes, I took that survey with the specific goal to report my low sound issue. Hope they’re getting enough feedback to do something about it.

1 Like

Now that you mention it I too have received this with the new hub. I deleted my monitor settings and reconfigured because of this error message.

I’m wondering if the software is still somehow looking for my old monitor system from original hub.

Did you select reset service from the services page?

Yes I did.

I have been getting same unable to load error all day from what I can tell.

I am completely down for the night.

Does anyone know how loud the siren should be in decibels or anything?

I’m back at the set up system page again (when I hit monitoring in the app, bottom center)

But it won’t let me progress to set up system, same error message, but not the white screen I had last night.

I do not, but I asked for that in the last communication with them, and offered to take readings to see if they match.

But it should be at least loud enough to hear, when sleeping in the next room or downstairs, I would think? My microwave is louder.

I contacted them and they responded with:

1. Update the Wyze app to the latest version
  2. Reset the service on your Wyze app by tapping Account > Services > Home Monitoring > Reset Service .
  3. After resetting the service, please reset up again by following the Wyze Home Monitoring Setup Guide.

Which is what I did 2x before, tried one more time and it lasted about 10 min before the white screen of death.

Did you have any better success?

I may go back to my original hub to see if that works better.

That is what I originally did with the hub replacement. Which also gave me the white screen of death.

I’m currently still down and not working at all. Morale even further down, I haven’t even bothered with it lately. Kind of deflated with all the lack of volume and now this.

Will need to contact support from home when I get a chance and repeat myself all over again.

I called support earlier and we are trying some things without any luck. I will update if we find or don’t find a fix.

1 Like

Are you guys on beta or the stable version?

Hub Firmware is 4.32.6.142, I believe that is the basic non beta version.

What about the app?

app is most recent 2.26.21 (non-beta)

That’s interesting. I’m on the same and it is working for me. Have you tried signing into your account on another phone and seeing if it works. I noticed some days my wife’s phone works when mine doesn’t

1 Like

yes, tried on 4 phones and and even on an old app because its an iPhone 6 plus,

Tried with wifi and with 5G

I think it has something to do with the replacement of the hub with a new hub and needing to re-set up the entire home monitoring service.

Yeah I know when I got my new hub I had to reset everything, I even had to disconnect the old hub before I started.