[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Online/Offline Status Not Updating Correctly - 12/19/20

Thanks for the update! Hopefully we will see things back to normal tomorrow

1 Like

I know that the engineers are doing their very best! I joined the call about 8.5 hours ago and I know they were on it before I was. Weā€™ll get this sorted out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:+1:

Would you own these for yourself?

Could you please specify what you mean by ā€œtheseā€? I would (and have) purchase Wyze products if that is your question.

Pretty much any device that Wyze has that goes down for long periods of time in what seems like a 6 week interval.

Itā€™s gotten worse instead of betterā€¦lol
Everything in my house thatā€™s triggered by a wyze contact sensor or motion detector is turning on based upon an entire days worth of triggers.
Itā€™s like living in a fun house thatā€™s not really much fun.

1 Like

I told the engineering team about this. ā€œI am so sorry for you dealing with this mess. Please tell them that for me personally,ā€ was a reply from one of my coworkers.

Sorry about the trouble! On the bright side, that is something that will improve once we finish that backlog.

1 Like

I actually use Wyze products in my home. My lighting is all Wyze Bulbs, I do some automation with Wyze Sense, I have a Wyze Cam pointed at my door, I have a Wyze Scale in my bathroom, and Iā€™m wearing a Wyze Band. We all use our products. When thereā€™s an outage, weā€™re right here with you. It probably helps that we know about the changes that have been happening. I am confident that things will improve and Iā€™ve already seen evidence of improvement in the last month. While this is unpleasant, we had a bit of a break from this and this outage is for a different reason than the previous ones and Iā€™ve been watching them work on long-term fixes for it.

3 Likes

Thanks for an honest reply since I put you on the spot.

1 Like

No worries! Itā€™s a fair question. :slight_smile:

I have now removed the sensors from their original installation location. I have them on the tableā€¦ still not working properly, last activity was 9 hours ago? Battery checked, removed from app & reinstalled earlier this morning. Still waiting to see if they come back, currently looking at hard wiring motion sensors to trigger lights & reed switches for contact sensorsā€¦ why canā€™t they get it right?

Are the sensors flashing when they should be registering an Event?

Hey, you have a really tough job dealing Iā€™m sure with mostly peopleā€™s anger over stuff not working. Thanks for your hard work! I think we all recognize itā€™s not your fault of course, but just general frustration. Thanks for the updates

2 Likes

Correctā€¦ all of my sensors currently flash but donā€™t register/notify.

2 Likes

Yes, they still all flash but donā€™t update their status from ā€œall clearā€ to ā€œmotionā€ in the app and also donā€™t trigger any rules dependent on them

1 Like

Flashing means it should just be the outage causing a delay. If they didnā€™t flash, Iā€™d be recommending talking to customer support. :slight_smile:

Looks like it may be coming back up. I just got a motion sensor notification from 5 minutes ago. Thatā€™s the 1st sign of life since 0829 this morning. :+1:

2 Likes

They are responding (light blinking) app still not recognizing the status change. Still seeing things in the app that arenā€™t accurateā€¦ plugs are ā€œonā€ in the app & ā€œoffā€ in reality. Side note my Christmas lights came on when scheduled, both indoor & outdoor set ups. :partying_face:

1 Like

Great! Thank you all for the information. I let the engineering team know about these updates. :slight_smile: