Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

I just want my wyze cams to show up on my home security screen with my other cameras .
So I can see my cams without a phone .
Sounds like a good chance for them the make another product .

A screen that can display 1 , 2 , 3 , 6 , 9 cams on the screen at the same time all live streaming .

1 Like

see tinyCam (Android)

I have Wyze + Tenvis + Foscam + Yi “all on the same screen”

$3.99USD for the “Pro” version. otherwise “free” [one-time fee across all your devices using the same google account. In the past it has been 50% off ($1.99USD) around the holidays]
Not perfect, but once you pay you are “authorized” to “complain” :wink:

supports Wyze 2FA

2 Likes

I just want my wyze cams to show up on my home security screen

Define “my home security screen”

Running this, and this camera is solid, I have to say comparing the RTSP stream to Wyze option, is light years better. No dropouts, solid sound (no clipping).

Only issue is that you cannot change the password other than the code on the camera, so that’s a security issue in my opinion. Also, the SW provided allows changing of a whole bunch of the camera’s settings.

Undecided whether I will keep it or not, if Wyze had released RTSP fw for WC3 and fixed the past issues I may consider staying with Wyze.

Thanks for the recommendation, I may move away from Wyze after all.

**Strong vote for v3 Cam RTSP firmware! ** I’m ready to send back the seven v3 cameras that I just bought because I can only get one cloud stream per device except when sideloading the Wyze App on unsupported devices. The Wyze app works very poorly on Android TV and nVidia Shield TV! I use Tinycam Pro and @alexey.vasilyev has been very responsive fixing other issues! Upvote for Tinycam Pro!

3 Likes

Come clean WYZE give us RTSP for v3 or tell us that you are not going to. Your not just taking peoples money you are also wasting everyone’s time. Stop pretending it is so hard to create a RTSP firmware for the v3. You have a good product so give us RTSP or show us the exit.

2 Likes

I love the quality of the video from the V3
I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE UNLESS RTSP IS SUPPORTED
all my other wyze cameras are on RTSP and record to my pc hard drive
No internet required

3 Likes

Anyone want to trade five v3 for five v2? They are brand new in the box. I have been sitting on them waiting for the RTSP firmware to show up but it has become very clear that we have been Jazz Cabbaged and we are never going to see RTSP for the v3.

1 Like

i would trade you if you were local and in canada, which you likely aren’t.
I have started to move off the WC2s and onto the EZVIZ C1C, which have a rock solid RTSP implementation and 20FPS day and night, not to mention some other great features. I’ve been tested one for the last 2 weeks, I haven’t had BI report 1 single dropout, and the sound is solid w/o clipping.

WC2 has a garbage/lazy RTSP implementation, and I’m just tired of the constant dropouts and garbage sound. C1C has it’s faults, but overall if you want RTSP, I would recommend you get one and try it and you will come to the same conclusion as I have. I just ordered 2 more C1Cs.

4 Likes

Where do you get EZVIZ C1C’s?

Thanks!

@teredactle Do you have experience with any the EZVIZ outdoor cameras? e.g. EZVIZ C3N - Outdoor Smart Wi-Fi Camera at $70US is more than 2x the Wyze V3, but if it has the same RTSP support as the EZVIZ C1C - HD Resolution Indoor Wi-Fi Camera, I just may give one a try [I don’t see RTSP in the specs though.].

Has anyone found a camera with POE, Starlight, 2K or 4K, RTSP and FTP support that they are happy with? [I have a Yi outdoor with an RTSP “hack”, FTP and Wifi. all-in at $40. RTSP/FTP work just fine. Image quality is terrible.]

The specs on that are strange; I was looking at that last night after I saw @teredactle’s post and found the C1C was indoor and WiFi only.

The C3N mentions “color night vision” but I think it relies entirely on spotlight, not a starlight level sensor. And it apparently (based on reviews) does support PoE and yet that isn’t mentioned at all in the specifications. Weird.

For those having continued problems with RTSP dropping out try making a exclusion for the software your using in windows defender.

Noticed that unless i do that for our Blue iris software i would get dropouts on the wyze cam’s.

This may not make it perfect but it should help

I’m probably covering old ground; if so, please forgive me.

Will the currently available RTSP firmware from Wyze work with all V2 “Wyze Cams” being sold today? (I know it’s not for the Pan model.) I ask because, some months ago, I had purchased a revised WC which did not work with the then-current firmware.

Thanks

1 Like

Works with the v2 standard and pan models.

Wow this is a really weird suggestion, no offense of course. The fact that no other camera drops out, would suggest the issue is solely with wyze and nothing else. Whether that’s the Rtsp firmware or their wifi stack, but all things point to their Rtsp implementation.

Having said, what OS are you running and what exactly are you doing, excluding the blueiris.exe from being scanned?

@YetAnotherDave and @Customer

The c1c is the only product from ezviz I have experience with. Someone else asked about where I got it though, and the 1st one I have from Amazon, I just ordered 2 more from Walmart, $30 cad each, and free shipping. At that price cad beats out wyze.

I’m ok with them being wifi and indoors, that’s how I use the wyze cams.

1 Like

1st one Amazon $40, just ordered 2 more from Walmart.ca, $30 each.

1 Like

They would probably survive where I have my V2s outside but I really want to go PoE and have local person detection…

I know it shouldn’t effect anything but it does when there more then one wyze cam in use.

Windows 10 and excluding the blue iris process.

I agree the rtsp is not what it should be on wyze cams but iam guessing there a fine edge for failure that the minor load difference can effect.