RE: Wyze Lock Auto Unlock

Yep, and then the days where you have your keys in your hand ready to unlock it, it auto unlocks.

This is the reason why these locks should come with the keypad by default. There is no excuse for it not working for so many people.

just have to have:
1- app open
2- bluetooth on
3- good to fair cell signal (or wifi on to connect with house/building)
4- make sure AUTO LOCK IS ON.
Iā€™ve had some frustrating times in the beginning of lock roll out last year, but now it works about 95% of time. I live in condo and hallways are signal blockers. It is until I get out of my elevator and wait 3-4 seconds before cell signal with find my phone , then as I walk the 20ft towards my door I can hear it open. Sometimes I have to wait by my condo door for 5-10 seconds until it unlocks.

No, Iā€™m sorry but this is 2020. The iPhone has been out for 17 years. The app store has been out for 16 years. There is NO reason why I should have to make sure I leave the Wyze app open, draining my battery, to trigger the damn lock to unlock. I works without it being open on the phone. Just very inconsistently. Obviously im not stupid, Bluetooth is always on, I always have cell signal or wifi and AUTO LOCK IS ALWAYS ON.

AGREE 1000 %!!! I 'm just telling my experiencesā€¦ funnyā€¦ a few years ago the pundits say that it doesnā€™t matter if you leave apps open on phoneā€¦ nowā€¦ every battery saver app asks you to close apps that are eating away at your battery life!!!

I have never been able to have the unlock feature work more then 25% of the time! It should be removed as a feature of the lock. The keypad works great and should be included with the lock purchase. Of course your back to not hands free access to unlocking your door but easier than getting your keys out.

Or instead of removing the feature just make the damn thing work. This is the entire reason I bought these locks. I am less than pleased with this product.

For my phone it unlocks about 90% of the time. For my wife and daughterā€™s phones it unlocks about 5% of the time. Iā€™ve tried everything and eventually gave up and bought the keypad so they just use that all the time. No idea why it works for some phones and not others

My Wyze lock has never Auto-unlocked for myself or my wife, both of us have Galaxy s9+
Auto lock and auto unlock enabled.
Notification at the top ā€œWyze app is running in the backgroungā€ is always up there.
Under Settings >Device Care>Battery > App power managment> wyze is set to no put to sleep
Confirmed that the geofence circle is centered over my house.
Drove to work 20 miles away, confirmed on the map that it showed me outside the circle.
Came home standing at the back door nothing happens. I did bluetooth scan and see Wyzelock pop up for a few seconds but the lock still doesnā€™t open. I open the app, check the map and it shows my location in the center of the circle. Back out of app and wait 30 seconds nothing happens. Open the app and manually unlock and went inside.
Iā€™ve had this lock for a week and really donā€™t want to return it I love everything else about it.
Is there anything else I could try?

@Buck
Two things I can let you know about the lock, it uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) so it will not show in your list of Bluetooth devices. So it ā€˜disappearingā€™ is normal. Also, if you enter the app before the door unlocks it will stop the unlock procedure and you will need to do it either manually in the app or by the key.
I would recommend doing your test again where you leave the area and come back, do NOT open the app. Stand at your door for a minute or so and see if it eventually opens on its own. That will tell us if it is truly failing to open or just taking a long time. If it does not open I would send a log in the app.

So the answer to Wyze lock auto unlock with your arms full of groceries is to stand there at your locked door for at least a minute and hope it will open your door? Iā€™ve had this lock for almost a year and the inconsistency of it working has always been maybe 20% of the time it might work. So with nothing changing on my phone settings or doing anything different how is it it might work rarely. When will Wyze admit this feature is flawed and address it? Maybe time to stop introducing new products and re-engineer failed ones!

No that was my answer to @Buck to specifically see if his was working slow or not working at all. A beginning step in the troubleshooting process. Mine usually unlocks as I approach the door.

I tried your suggestion I got well outside of the geofence circle for about 10 min came back and stood at the door for 3 or 4 min and it never opened. App was showing in the notification bar and app itself was open to the device home screen that shows all devices but minimized and phone was locked in my pocket.
I also tried deleting the lock and the gateway, removed batteries and unplugged the gateway. Follow the setup procedure again and tested a second time with the same result. I then submitted a log.

There is no way Wyze does not know about the problems with his lock. I like the new products they are releasing but how about make sure the current ones are working right before releasing new ones.

1 Like

That at least tells me it is not working vs working slowly, I would get hold of support tomorrow

WYZE Support

Live support is available:

+1-206-339-9646

Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT

Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

I have this problem too. The door will open 75% of the time. The problem in my opinion is the ā€œgeofence circleā€. I live in a city so it takes me a while to get into my apartment after I park. I put the circle right on the edge of where my apartment is. I find that my lock works more often if I donā€™t travel to my apartment using roads in that circle. I donā€™t enter the circle until Iā€™m going in the door of my building. This has helped the lock work a lot better for me.

I know there is a time limit if the door unlocks but is not opened it will lock again after I believe 10 minutes, however I am not sure if there is a time limit from when you enter the geofence to the time you connect to the door. I will have to check on that.

Thanks for your help. I contacted Wyze support and the only thing we could find was under Location > App Permissions> the Wyze app was set to allow when in use. I moved it to Always allow and tested a couple of times and the lock still did not work as intended. The next day my Galaxy S9+ took a system updated and low and behold when I came home the door opened and has worked for me pretty reliably the last few days.

2 Likes

I just set mine up about 1 week ago, never had an issue with it not unlocking. you can be in app but not lock screen only main screen, i donā€™t know if the name of the gateway matters i just used the default. I will report if mine keeps working after this week.

I have always had my iPhone 7+ have wyze set to always allow location access and it has always been a problem not opening. It is so often that I just use my keys to unlock the door. 90% of the time it is still locked.