RE: Wyze Lock Auto Unlock

It was just works for me. I didn’t do anything in iPhone settings or change anything in the lock settings so it should work for you.

With this new information from WYZE that it is possible for the app to unlock the lock while being completely shut down I would like to extend my apologies to all who were saying it was.

4 Likes

Thank you @WyzeJasonJ. I truly appreciate that. You didn’t have to apologize but doing so shows your true character. Thank you!

3 Likes

Gwen Can you verify this is the case with the current iOS app version and lock firmware version 2.1.13.0? Also is this the most current lock firmware? thanks

1 Like

I can verify that 2.1.13.0 is the most current lock firmware.

3 Likes

Thanks for fielding that, Jason! :slight_smile:

Given that some folks are experiencing that using iOS, I would assume that it is in either the current or beta iOS version. But I don’t have an iPhone or Wyze Lock to check with. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The lock is now working for me without having the Wyze app open. I am on an Iphone 7+ ios 13.3, Wyze lock FW 2.1.13.0. Beginning to love it. My lock is one of the recent production locks and not a Beta lock.

2 Likes

Hooray! We are happy to hear it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been follow this post as I recently set up my smartlock but the Auto-Unlock feature is very erratic. My phone is moto g6 android v9.0. When I test it by going outside my Geofence area, say less than 10 min, then come back it works. If I go out for longer time periods (not trying to test it) then when I come back it doesn’t work. I’m thinking I must have something set wrong. Also I assume that “Mobile Data” has to be “ON” for the Geofence detection (leaving & returning) to work. All other features work great. Any help is appreciated.

I bought and installed Wyze Lock this March. I use a Pixel with Android 10 and my wife uses Iphone X. The auto-unlock feature has worked 100% of the time and only enabled on the Iphone. Great job Wyze!

1 Like

I have a Note 8 as well and my auto unlock has only worked once in the 2 months I’ve had it.

1 Like

my wifes has Note 9 and I Note 4… both are erratic and have opened probably 3-4 out of 10 times… we live in an apt building and maybe the signal is not robust enough in the hallway… BUT… when it doesn’t open and I manually unlock (using the app) it is able to open door? Hmm? Any suggestions? thanks all!

2 Likes

The way I understand it, the lock is using low-powered Bluetooth mode so it can auto-unlock, but, the app is using WiFi.

The low-powered Bluetooth signal is only good for around 1 foot so, nothing should be interfering with that, unless they are right next to you.

1 Like

That’s incorrect. My door unlocked from 35 ft away. I measured it to get an exact distance.

BLE (bluetooth Low Energy still has a range of 100 meters. However, there are lot’s of variables and a lot of it depends on on how it’s applied, how each device is built, and even the software involved. My lock auto unlocks at roughly 20-30 feet as I’m walking up my sidewalk to the door.

BLE specs:

3 Likes

You beat me to it BLE has a range of 100m in ideal open range outdoor conditions. That range will drop with addition of walls and other structures.

3 Likes

Mine unlocks in the apartment building hall at about 5-6ft.

Noah Schechtel

Total Electrical Distributors,Inc.

1 Like

You might have a lot more noise in the air that limits the distance. I live in the country so there’s not much going on so I probably have a larger travel distance

I still have an incredibly frustrating time with the wyze lock. Most of the time I will stand at my door and it never unlocks. Then after I put everything in my hands down, Pull out the phone, unlock it, open the wyze app, click the lock then it gives me the warning “do you want to intrupt the auto unlock” then I hit No and then it unlocks. SOOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating.

1 Like

I have the same issue. It’s very inconsistent. And it usually fails to unlock when I’m standing in front of the door with my hands full of groceries.

1 Like