Please add a feature to disable livestream audio / microphone

Disable Camera Microphone

Anyone that has access to the live feed can hear the audio of the house. I need to kill the microphone completely off. I can not get your staff to listen to this matter. Turning the record sound off does not stop the live feed sound being heard from whom ever has access to few the live feed. Been asking from you Staffing of wyze since I bought my v1 .

[Mod Note]: Your topic and replies were merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like
1 Like

A dab of silicone to plug the hole or a clipped off toothpick will also block the sound without the side effect of disabling the microphone permanently

I will try the silicone, no tape works, even duct tape 4 layers.
But I will let you know. The software needs to allow you to be able to kill it.

Click the   image   to reveal the poll and vote.   image

Click the link title for more context.

Just unplug the mic. An article about that here somewhere.

Dealing with open audio feeds can be super frustrating, especially when youā€™re trying to maintain some privacy. Have you tried tinkering with the settings within the Wyze app itself? Sometimes there might be an additional step to fully kill the live feed sound.

Even though this thread was started almost a year ago, here is a video on how to remove the microphone on a v3.

This Topic is From The Days of The WYZE 1 cameras. The Company Has Never Given A Solid Solution to this Matter. IN FACT, THEY HAVE REFUSED TO ADDRESS THE NEED TO DO SO. If you share the camera with anyone, they can watch your puppies, in one room of your house behind closed doors, They can hear you anywhere in your house. The mics are too good. I have put 4 layers of duct tape over the Mic and I am still be heard by future Puppy adopters. So I Can not have a Live Feed, for my own PRIVACY. Again WYZE REFUSES to Address the Need For Privacy. Again This Is The Oldest UNSOLVED TOPIC!

I totally agree, Wyze has not addressed the microphone issue. Luckily I like to take things apart and hack things. I realize some people do not.

I wish someone would post a video how to open up the Wyze OG camera and remove/unplug the microphone. Looked far and wide on the internet and canā€™t find anything about opening up the OG camera.

Yeah, surprisingly, I havenā€™t seen a teardown or disassembly on the Wyze Cam OG.

If itā€™s really important to you, you can probably search the FCC Records for the submission that includes the OG and usually FCC submissions have a copy of the insides of electronic devices. Itā€™s basically like a teardown picture. I have done that a few times. It should be available now that the OG has been launched for many months. The FCC usually makes such things publicly available after a device is approved and for sale.

Actually I had found the FCC documents I think you are referring to a few weeks ago. Here is a link to what I found.

But there are no instructions or steps on how to open/teardown the unit. But with the OG circuit board pictures on this FCC website, and the other teardown videos on the internet for the other Wyze cameras, I think I can see a way to disable the speaker once I was inside the OG.

1 Like

After my previous post a few minutes ago, I found this direct link to the actual FCC website.
GetApplicationAttachment.html (fcc.gov)

Not sure the difference between the two websites, with both having FCC in their URLā€™s

Never mind. The link above does not work, due to permission issues.

The link came from the other FCCid.io link, as a ā€œMirror Download [FCC.gov]ā€ which did work.
But posting the mirror download link does not work.

Yeah, one is a 3rd party website that collects and reposts everything from the official FCC site. As you said, a ā€œmirrorā€ or sorts. I use both. the .gov site is the official one. Sometimes one will show stuff the other doesnā€™t, but for the most part they are close to the same.

Your topic and replies were merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

Also, your last post was deleted to conform to the Wyze Community Guidelines.

I have asked for it to be moved to the wishlist, but that has been officially ignored for all of these years.

Google integration livestreams sound even if Wyze Cam v3 Pro set NOT to record sound

I recently integrated Google Home Hub to Wyze cameras.

I was surprised to find that Cam v3 Pro cameras that are configured NOT to record sound (perhaps due to privacy/security concerns in a room such as office or bedroom where the camera is located, perhaps in a window showing front yard or driveway -OR- if outdoors and loud construction or other noises present) with LIVESTREAM VIDEO AND SOUND to Google Hub, ignoring the deviceā€™s configuration settings.

If livestream the camera to my Wyze app, there is no sound. So why would a 3rd party integration get additional access to the device above what it is configured for and provided in the native Wyze app.

This is a security and privacy concern. If sound is not recorded on the wyze camera it should not be livestreamedā€¦ anywhere,

Can this be fixed?

2 Likes

It does this on my Alexa devices too.

1 Like

3 years have passed since I commented on this thread. Wyze team shame on you for ignoring this request from the initial poster for 3 years. Terrible support. Hands down one of the worst.

The only way anyone listens is there is social media fallout. Always reactive fixes and never proactive.

1 Like