Please add a feature to disable livestream audio / microphone

Good to hear. Hope something comes from it!

Crazy how Wyze blatantly ignores privacy issues for years.

Your previous comment was 22 days ago. Youā€™re probably still within the 30 day return window for those 5 cams. Probably your best option now, given that continuing to use the cameras knowing about the privacy concerns and possible law shoots might put you in an awkward position.

1 Like

Iā€™m not returning them, just not adding additional users / sharing.

Iā€™ll check back in a few years to see if this is still being ignored.

1 Like

Hopefully, the class-action lawsuit I am filing against WYZE will be processed soon. Maybe then, someone within this company will stop ignoring us and get this resolved. Pretty sad actually.

1 Like

On April 25th you stated you were not going to buy anymore and would be returning the one you had.

If so, how can you file a class action suit since you donā€™t own any?

And if a product is rated as IP65 does that mean it is waterproof?

1 Like

I still own my camera. The class-action lawsuit will address the privacy issue and zero response. It has nothing to do with the IP rating.

Why do you care anyway?

1 Like

A successful class action suit would involve all of us that have cameras and we might get a few bucks where you might get more. Most of us donā€™t want to sue Wyze, so the idea that youā€™re filing ā€œfor usā€ is a little pushy. Opting out of these suits is usually a pain.
No, thanks.

Why do I care!

I may own Wyze products. Maybe I would want to join a class action suit.

It would seem that if it was a real class action suit the more users that join the better. Oh well I guess not.

Of course on July 18th you indicated that the suggested workaround would ā€œIt also renders the camera to no longer be waterproof.ā€ Arenā€™t most cameraas rated at IP65 which is not a waterproof rating.

You donā€™t have to participate. You just do nothing if you arenā€™t interested in joining.

Not a pain at all.

Thatā€™s great. Thatā€™s also why I mentioned it here. To let people know it was likely an upcoming possibility. Of course you can participate.

The waterproof thing is a non-issue. Regardless of the rating, drilling out a microphone is not an acceptable solution and also voids the warranty.

1 Like

Both microphone removal recommendations are non-destructive and do not change the waterproof rating of the camera. Why would you drill it out?

1 Like

Nonsense. If the law suit is successful and I do nothing, Iā€™m likely listed in the complaint and get a check for $3.08. Without opting out, Iā€™ve ā€œwonā€ a case against a company I didnā€™t want to sue. Leave me out of your shenanigan.

I am no lawyer (by any stretch), but based on my extensive research (skimming the internet and asking Google Home :stuck_out_tongue:) about CALSs leads me to believe this ā€œcaseā€ is faaa4aaar from something that would be accepted by any court not to mention getting Wyze users not to opt out if it did. I think the new feature request makes good sense and I voted for it but my $1 bet says there wonā€™t be any suitā€¦

why isnā€™t this feature a thing yet? It can be so useful.

1 Like

LMAO. Mind your own business and Iā€™ll take care of mine.

Exactly.

Indeed.

A physical way to disconnect the microphone would have swayed me to try Wyze years earlier. In fact, I would ALWAYS buy my cams without a mic in them if I could, from any brand. (Currently, our only cams with Mics are outdoorsā€¦ basically useless in the wind / distance anyway)

There is a post here that addresses how to physically remove the V2 or V3 camā€™s mic:

1 Like

Wondering why this still isnā€™t a feature yet?? I stream my donkeys on Reddit, and many of my followers want to watch the 24/7 donkey Cam. Only, I donā€™t want them to be able to talk I to the mic any time they please. I also donā€™t want my daughter or mother listening to what they have to say.

Isnā€™t there an easier way to be able to share the video feed, but not allow viewers to talk into the mic?

1 Like