Peephole (Door View) Camera

Can you take a photo of your setup and image quantity please

Now that Wyze has come out with the Battery Cam Pro (with rechargeable battery pack), can’t they put this same design into a peephole cam apparatus? The outside appearance would only be the small peephole in existence on millions of apartment/condo doors, but on the other side of the door (inside the dwelling), the battery pack, Wifi radio, etc., can be housed. C’mon, Wyze!

3 Likes

Blueworm,

Please tell us the specific parts that you used.
We’re tired of waiting for WYZE to finally put it together. We even have a battery pack that we’re ready to mount to the inside of the door.

1 Like

Do you have samples of how the image quality is? I’ve read that the focus distance of the telephoto is a few feet away and a peep hole is literally inches away. So not sure how you managed to get it to work flawlessly.

I have basically given up on Wyze. Such a promising company. The peephole saga is an example of dragging their feet.

I also am not a fan of paying monthly for cloud processing and having privacy exposure. Make something local.

Good luck all in making something out of this for peepholes. Such a great idea.

1 Like

A further excellent idea. :bulb:

I hope to find a mounting kit on Amazon someday soon. :pray:

1 Like

Great idea!

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

+1. Please make this happen. This would be super useful for an apartment.

3 Likes

WYZE Peephole Camera release date?

When will WYZE finally release a true Peephole Camera? Give us a release date?
We’ve been begging for a product that looks exactly like a regular peephole on the outside of the door, AND will contain one of the WYZE quality cameras on the inside of the door. At this point, we’ll buy our own HALO type power pack for the inside of the door, or any SD card memory maintenance.
WYZE just needs to listen to us and stop telling us that the doorbell thing is good enough.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to the correct Wishlist topic for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

2 Likes

Still maybe later?

I was hoping to see progress with the addition of a battery cam. :battery: :camera:

How many people have a peephole? Million upon millions of opportunities.

2 Likes

I would love to see this happen… I live in a questionable area and having a doorbell camera on the outside of my door I worry it’s going to get taken so having a peephole camera on the inside knowing that it’s safe and I could still see who’s at the door would be helpful.

3 Likes

Camera - Small form factor, flat - Video Doorbell without the doorbell

I want a small, flat camera. I want to surface mount it and power if from behind the plate. I want to surface mount one of each side of the outside of the garage door opening on the 2X8 vertical plank of the garage that faces across each side of the opening. I can drill a hole through the plank and feed power from inside. I want to shim it so it doesn’t face directly across to the other side, but sort of an angle to let me see more off to the side of the garage opening looking across the closed garage door. I actually could be a V3 that is flatter and does not have the stand.
Like taking the video doorbell and cut the bottom section off, as I don’t want the bulk or the button. Just a small security camera power by 5volts.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Ideas for WiFi camera with cable separation of lens and Ideas for smaller less noticeable hidden cameras.

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like quality wise. I just did an update and has lowered the quality a little bit as you can tell. But that might just be the viewing resolution, and not the recording resolution to the SD card. Still is really clear.

4 Likes

Very nice. Where can I buy one?

My thoughts exactly, a truly wireless solution to mount inside the door.

Ideally, it’d also have a touch/proximity/presence-activated screen on the back that would show what the camera sees, since, presumably, it’d be blocking the existing peephole.

1 Like

Peephole Camera is a GREAT idea!!

1 Like

It’s too bad this never materialized.

2 Likes

I saw someone had a 3D printed file to mount a v3 onto existing peephole… now that the battery cam came out, anyone done it with that? can we swap the lense out on that thing, mount it to the inside of the door with a 25mm lense and have a battery powered unit?

1 Like

this imgur gallery is no longer valid but i assume its showing your mount rig, can u share again? going to try to replicate and want to visualize your setup.

1 Like

Maybe later since 2019.

Such a missed opportunity?

So many lonely peepholes could use a camera.

1 Like