Peephole (Door View) Camera

Hi,

This message is for Wyze Cam product managers. Please make a peephole door view camera.

The problem with the Ring Door View Cam is that it doesn’t allow repositioning of the camera angle to point on an angle or downwards towards the ground to watch for packages.

This is not the same device as Video Doorbell.

Thanks,
D.

I’d like to see a version of the WyzeCam configured as a door peephole cam. Why?

It is automatically in a great location!
It is hidden in plain sight!
Easy for renters to install

There are door peephole cams on the market, but having one in the Wyze ecosystem would be great!

4 Likes

I just saw the new Ring doorbell that can be installed on the peephole of the dfrobt door. WYZE please make one, i am so temted the get the ring, bur i would like to have my house use all Wyze products.

3 Likes

This is something i have been looking for, for a long time. This is a huge market that doesnt have a good option yet, I saw ring came out with something - but it doesnt look great. I, like many others, would like to stay in one ecosystem, please help us :smile:

Dear Santa WYZE…
I’ve been very good this year and here’s what I’d like in a peephole doorbell:
I don’t have and don’t want to add wiring for a doorbell on the doorpost (my house is made of stone over 8 inches thick…adding wiring is not an option for me).
Door knock sensitivity would be nice. The USPS letter carrier who delivers to my neighborhood is notorious about not ringing a doorbell…she always knocks (and all this time I thought the postman rang twice! lol)…so it would be nice if a knock on the door activated the chime and camera.
An on-device screen that activated when someone rang or knocked would be nice so I didn’t have to get out my phone or look across the room at a tablet in Show Mode to see what the camera was seeing outside my door. I understand that this would affect battery life, and I’m fine with that. I will gladly plug the battery into a USB charger (or replace the rechargeable AA batteries if you go that route) a bit more often to have that convenience.
Another thing I’d like would be to have a light around the push button that comes on when motion is detected so the person coming up to the door realizes that it’s a doorbell and not just a camera or, in the case of some of my older relatives, another piece of new tech their mad scientist relative found.

More convenient, easy install, better view angle and more secure that the Ring doorbells that are easily stolen.

2 Likes

That would be really nice to have one of these. Almost all the doors have a peephole, so replacing it with a Wyze product would be nice and easy.

2 Likes

Seems this would be a great idea for apartment dwellers. If it can be easily fitted over existing peep-hole, it might prove handy at hotels and motels.

Please make a wireless peep hole cam that from the exterior you would only see as a normal size peep hole. No door bell or speaker. Discreet , small footprint. The guts of the product would be attached on the inside of the door. Thanks

1 Like