Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Hello! There won’t be a solar panel with the release of Wyze Cam Outdoor. It is possible that this will come later but I don’t have any estimates to give you on that.

3 Likes

Ok thanks. Will there be an option to plug it in along with a battery backup?

There is a power cable for the camera. I don’t have further information for you at this time.

1 Like

Ok thanks

1 Like

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

Hi Wyze Team

How do I get the outdoor Cam here in Australia ?

Well first they have to release it. :slightly_smiling_face:

If there’s a hub involved, wouldn’t the camera(s) stop recording in the case of a power outage even if there’s a battery??

If the power goes out won’t the hub stop working and the WiFi would go out so the cameras would stop recording. Maybe the hub should have a backup battery also. And a micro SD card slot for each camera.

As quoted above from post #826, the cameras will have their own microSD card slot.

MOD NOTE: Please do not double post and tag Wyze team members for information that’s already in the topic. You can search the topic by clicking the magnifying glass icon and checking the “Search this topic” box. You can filter to see only the posts by a given user by clicking their name and then clicking the “X posts in topic” button on their popup contact card.

4 Likes

Ok sorry. Thanks

2 Likes

Fwiw, my router, switch, nas, desktop, usb hub, ip phone hub, etc do not include a battery for backup - imho it is incumbent upon us to provide backup power for these type of devices as we deem their importance to keep running.

I will find a battery backup solution when this comes out

I’ve had good luck with some good size cyberpower units I got at Costco - during hurricane Irma we lost power for about 11 hrs and I never lost internet. I have one unit for my desktop and another for the internet and lan stuff, plus a few portable units for the phones and tablets. Once I shutdown the desktop, I use the remaining backup for other devices as needed. We had streaming tv on the tablets and kept in communication without any interruptions.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for that info!

Any update? It’s bee about a year and I would love to purchase several outdoor cams.

Hello @swilliamson5590 and welcome to the community.

There have been many updates in this thread and a few others. The last update was a week or so ago saying they are still planning on a 2019 release so it should be coming soon.

2 Likes

I have a Ring cam for outdoors and the PIR doesn’t always do the trick, or the camera records way too late - I love that Wyze has a visual motion detection instead of using PIR. PIR also mainly works for humans, occasionally picks up larger wildlife, but has a limited range. I do understand that for battery-powered devices this is way more efficient, so it would be good to have the option to use visual instead of PIR and to have IR LEDs active constantly.

Hi @WyzeDongsheng and @WyzeDave. Will the outdoor camera be able to continually record footage to a micro SD card? And by doing that approximately how long will the battery last?

It’s doubtful that the camera will support continuous recording on battery power, because any onboard battery would only allow for a few hours of recording time at most. Whether it will support continuous recording while plugged in is a different question.

3 Likes