Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

No rush. I can wait. Rather sit tight and have a quality product built to what the people at Wyze feel would meet most peoples demands. Just hope the batteries are user replaceable and commonly available cells. Apple fanboy, but not into their basically non-user replaceable batteries.

2 Likes

I agree I’m with you on that

1 Like

Please reconsider removing power cable totally. It would be great to have option of cable for continuous recording as opposed to having to access camera and change batteries. Also memory card option is important

They never said they were removing anything. The outdoor camera will support both battery and a power cable. There are numerous posts about including both including those from Wyze employees in this very topic.

4 Likes

Batterey is nice but maybe an option for plug power as well still and then battery can be used as back up in case of no power? The. Everything is automatically saved locally

So, I have a lot of the cameras, sensors and plugs. I like them alot and so I have done some research and found that 华来科技 has been selling the pan, cam, plug, contact sensors, motion sensors, central hub, siren and smoke detector at least as early as 2016 at similar price points (cam at 149yuan which is roughly 20-21 dollars) and they look exactly the same. Now, I’m not opposed to the idea of white labeled products, I’ve even created white label banking software in the past so I get it. It makes me curious of a few things though:

1. when can I get my hands on the green cam
  2. with white label anything if I had access the source code and it has existed since 2016 I would expect to be further along in adding new features
  3. why have we not seen the siren or the central hub yet

Anyways, it’s late and I just found it interesting.

It’s no secret that the hardware Wyze uses is existing rebranded hardware.
The software and firmware for the hardware is all Wyze though.
That’s why you don’t see all of the products that other suppliers have released.

2 Likes

@dewm This is correct. In fact, the hardware is not even the same. The internals of the hardware are modified per Wyze’s specifications.

1 Like

Wyze when should we see a picture of this camera? Also will it definitely be released in December?

That’s great!! Will you be able to have the battery as a backup if the power goes out?

Well that’s kinda what a battery does. :upside_down_face:

Yeah true!

Do you think that a solar panel option will be available sometime soon after the release of WyzeCam Outdoor? Or is this something that is not a high priority?

How long should the wake up time be? Hopefully not very long. Also will we have the option for a micro SD card so the camera can record 24/7?

I doubt Wyze will offer a solar panel option but it could happen.
You can connect nearly any solar panel to a USB device though.

2 Likes

Yeah. Well at the beginning of this topic WyzeGwendolyn said that solar power probably won’t be able to get worked out in the first version. So I’m not sure what that means.

This is what was said.

Hello @UserCustomerGwen do you think that we will get a solar panel option with the release of WyzeCam Outdoor? Also if not, will we ever get the option to have it and how long will we have to wait? Is this something that is high on your (Wyze’s) priorities or not?

It’s planned to run off a battery so I suspect it’s DC powered. I’d guess that once the electrical specs are known, then it will be easy enough to find a suitable solar panel.

1 Like

While they use the same enclosure, my understanding is that the internals aren’t exactly the same. There are some other minor differences. The V2 of Wyze has a matte finish instead of glossy, for example, which I think is different than the Hualaikeji (Or Xiaomi or iSmartAlarm or any other similar camera you might stumble on) Most importantly, they’re not interchangeable. If you buy one of the lookalikes, you won’t be able to connect it to the Wyze app.

Wyze is only 2 years old. They keep adding new things. New features and new products. I agree that I’d like to see more, but they’ve got lots of stuff in the pipeline. I don’t think their pace is particularly slow or anything, especially for a company of their size. Wyze doesn’t have the resources of Google or Amazon. (Not that it would necessarily help – Blink’s development has pretty much stalled since Amazon bought them.) But Wyze doesn’t seem to be hitting the brakes or anything.

2 Likes